Author Topic: Pulling to right when throttle pressed hard  (Read 5595 times)

Offline bigberty101

• Not said much yet
Pulling to right when throttle pressed hard
« on: 16 October 2014, 12:59 »
Afternoon guys

had a good look around online fist and cannot find anything about this. recently brought a mk4 golf gttdi pd 150, when driving along at a steady pace and driving normal, the car tracks straight and drives fine. When you bury your foot and have a bit of fun, anything over 30ish mph, the car pulls to the right slightly. easiest way to describe this is it feels like the front right is lifting up, steering wheel turns to the right slightly and becomes very sensitive and unstable at 60-70mph ish. its ok to drive but cannot really find anything wrong.

its recently had new wishbones and ball joints, tracking has been done recently, tyres are at 32 psi all round, top mounts don't seems too bad, ive got new tie rods, track rods, top mounts and bearings, and new wishbones / ball joints to fit (they look like cheap crap) ive fitted new pads, discs and hubs to rear last week. ( rear wheels arnt binding.

I spotted today that is looks like the front right caliper is binding slightly, disc has a brown / blue tinge to it and none other have it.

What do you guys recon? any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Pulling to right when throttle pressed hard
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2014, 15:19 »
They do have quite a bit of torque steer when you boot it. Perhaps as you mention your right caliper is a little sticky and making the feeling worse on the right hand side?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2014, 15:43 »
Quality tyres?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline bigberty101

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2014, 13:42 »
Sorry I never reported back, the brake is hardly dragging when cold, when you give it some sh!t and use the brakes hard a few times, or just general driving, the temperature builds up and the brake drags a lot, serviced caliper, sliders, discs are not lipped and every thing is free. slightly confusing, only thing I can think of it being is the internal of the flexi has collapsed?

And ive got 4 nearly new conti's on the car, never had a fault with them, fun to drive in the wet

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2014, 12:46 »
Subframe all tight and alignment all good?

I'd spend 80 quid on a 4 wheel laser alignment, I bet it feels like a new car after.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline bigberty101

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2014, 16:49 »
alignment is all good, had it checked a few weeks back now. changed the flexi and its all good. been looking around and quite a few people have said the said. cheers

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2014, 19:02 »
If the wishbones aren't so terrible that they are flexing under acceleration I still say alignment.

I don't mean just tracking I mean 4 wheel laser alignment.

If it were mine I'd get polybushes/Audi TT bushes in and go for an all in alignment session.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline bigberty101

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2014, 10:14 »
the issue is solved, the flexi had collapsed and was causing the caliper to sick/bind, problem is all good now. thanks anyway. and btw I had the4 wheel laser alignment done