Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529904 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #2160 on: 27 February 2021, 00:42 »
Ok. So I know it’s not a Golf anymore but just wanted to show you my car now it’s been detailed and ceramic coated in case anyone needs convincing about getting a ceramic coating done 😎
All paint  given a decontamination wash and gloss enhancement then treated with a coat of Kamikaze Miyabi then another coat of Kamikaze Zipang for a deep glossy shine. Wheels removed and treated with Kamikaze Stance Rim. Brake callipers also treated with Stance Rim All exterior plastic trims given a coat of Gtechniq C4 and Glass with Gtechniq G1

@JB GTI; that’s one super shiny Mini. That colour will really ‘pop’ in the sunshine - looks great and you must be well pleased with the results.

Thanks. I am really pleased with the outcome 😎
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #2161 on: 01 April 2021, 11:36 »
So a question:

Just how effective is the coating on the brake calipers? Would imagine that the constant heating cooling would tear it off in next to no time? Did detailer have any info on this or is there anything from the supplier of the coating that I can look at?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2162 on: 21 April 2021, 16:55 »
Finally made a start at washing the car. It's so bad I couldn't face doing it in one go :embarrassed:. So today the brown wheels became mostly black but they are going to have to come off for a thorough decontamination. Exhaust tips were polished, interior of the fuel flap and the sunroof was opened for all the hidden bits to be cleaned. Then the interior was vacuumed, dusted and all the plastics cleaned with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2163 on: 22 April 2021, 09:48 »
Finally made a start at washing the car. It's so bad I couldn't face doing it in one go :embarrassed:. So today the brown wheels became mostly black but they are going to have to come off for a thorough decontamination. Exhaust tips were polished, interior of the fuel flap and the sunroof was opened for all the hidden bits to be cleaned. Then the interior was vacuumed, dusted and all the plastics cleaned with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing.

I never look forward to cleaning a really dirty car, although going from really dirty to spotlessly clean is quite a rewarding outcome :cool:.

Look forward to seeing some pictures when it’s all clean and shiny :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2164 on: 23 April 2021, 20:54 »
Yesterday(and today)was all about car cleaning.

Car has been cleaned,clayed decontaminated etc to within an inch of its life,polished with a da then cleaned down and purely to satisfy my curiosity I tried out a diy ceramic coating. I was just curious how well they work so thought I’d give it a try.I opted for the Auto Finesse caramics kit,this consists of 4 individual kits inside,a ceramic kit for each of paint,wheels,glass and interior.
I’ve used the paint and glass kits so far they were very easy to use,and I think the results are pretty impressive for a kit that is priced at £100(I paid £53 using various discounts).admittedly they only last around 12 months but still good value if they last anywhere near that length of time. Wheels will be coming off tomorrow so that I can clean and coat them properly.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2165 on: 23 April 2021, 21:13 »
Great job there :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2166 on: 23 April 2021, 23:03 »
@Dave1rs; good work - car looks great. Good to see shiny exhaust tips and dressed tyres - aspects that sometimes get missed. I’ll be interested to hear how the DIY ceramic coating holds up over the coming months.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2167 on: 24 April 2021, 02:14 »
Looks like you've done a pretty thorough job, Dave.  The car is looking very slick.  Nice work!  Thanks for posting the pic's.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2168 on: 24 April 2021, 21:05 »
Looks amazing. Tyre dressing, I find that once on it lasts one trip out and tyres are back to normal! 🙄 is there anything decent out there to keep them black a bit longer?
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2169 on: 24 April 2021, 21:12 »
I've been using Car Plan for years. Reasonably priced, easy to apply and looks good. Lasts pretty well too.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/wheel-and-tyre-cleaning/carplan-tyre-slik-500ml-333815.html
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.