Author Topic: Adam_C - late mk2 8v  (Read 7641 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Adam_C - late mk2 8v
« on: 11 June 2006, 18:45 »
here you go :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
Re: Adam_C - late mk2 8v
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2006, 23:11 »
So It Begins!!!
[/size]

After having the driver for about 9 months and me having nothink but trouble with the bastid thing, i decided to go on the hunt for an 8v, i was looking for about 3 weeks and found 1 on Autotrader which was only 17 miles away so i thought id go and have a look not expecting much.

The Day came, i drove up to Handcross where it was, and pulled up and saw it for the first time i fell in love instantly  :embarassed: here is a pic the second i saw it,

i walked over to it and saw the paint and it looked sooo LUSH!!!, i looked around it for a while taking it all in and checking for rust etc there was NONE to be seen i knew it was the one!!.  The car had 12 months MOT, 5 months tax, new service, lowered 40mm, brand new GTi standard exhaust. amongst other little things,

Extras included, Power Steering, Heated and Electric door mirrors, electric windows, immobilser, central locking all these little things just topped it off for me.

I handed the deposit over and told him i would be there on saturday morning befour the england game to pick it up.

Saturday Morning came round, me and my dad drove up there at 10 in the morning handed over the cash signed the documents and finally i was a proud owner of a GTi.

The time came for me to drive it home along all the twisty country roads and i couldnt wait. i took it easy to start with and then when i got used to it i put my foot down and i was loving it, compared to the Driver it was HEAVEN!!!

Here are a few pics when i arrived home.

I was a very happy chappy!!!!!

Plans for the near future,
Im planning on getting my Azev A's refurbed at the end of this month they are in a bit of a sorry state at the momento, im also contemplating getting a full Milltek exhaust in a months time. im going to get a subtle stereo fitted im thinking 1 12" sub built into the side of the boot with 2 amps 1 powereing sub and other powering the speakers i dont want to go mental with it i just want it understated.

Well for the moment that is about it, stay tuned. :wink:

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2006, 13:24 »
Update,

ive had my car about 3 weeks now, ive recently had my Azev A's sent off to get fully refurbed and sprayed in a bright silver colour so cant wait for them to come back they will look awesome!

Here are a few piccies

I have bought a 2 lamp badgeless grill and fitted that but i cant decide which one i like better, i think i will stick with the 2 lamp untill i get some crystal inners for the 4 lamp grill.

any comments PM me :smiley:
« Last Edit: 06 July 2006, 13:46 by Adam_C »

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2006, 18:45 »
Ive just been out and bought some new speakers and a sub for my car which im fitting at the weekend, i bought some MTX audio components for the grills which will be powered by a vibe blackbox amp and a Vibe CBR12 active sub, i got the sub at a bargain price because its last years model but its pretty much identical to the new 2006 model, ive heard quite a few good things about the sub and for what i want it should be perfect.

Im still waiting for the wheels to come back, and im also getting it booked in for a new exhaust in about 2 weeks which should be cool, more info soon  :evil:

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2006, 19:26 »
My speakers are finally fitted, it took me the whole weekend to do but im so happy with the end result. they sound awesome.

I decided to put the tweeters in the door cards so i had to cut an additional hole for the electric wing mirror button as you can see in the picture below, I also had to make the original holes on each door card a bit bigger to fit tweeters.

I managed to hide all the cables under the carpet and found that i had 2 sets of carpets on top of each other which is quite weird.

I decided to mount the amp which powered the front speakers on the back of the rear seat so i could hide all the wires because the sub is in front of it, it also gave me more boot space which is initially what i wanted. here is a pic of the sub which for an active sounds really really good.

my back seat is a bit scruffy which is quite annoying but hopefully in the future Joe will be able to sort me out with some nice leather woop de woop.

Anyway im really happy with my set up its exactly what i wanted and sounds great.

Exhaust is ordered and rims should be on there way ready for Edition 38 so cant wait. more updates soon.

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2006, 15:23 »
I got my wheels back yesterday after being refurbed in a Hypersilver colour. here are some befour and after pics.

Before....

After....

Im over the moon with the outcome of them. all i need now is some spigot rings so i can get them fitted.

Thanks again joe for sorting them out for me :smiley:

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2006, 18:30 »
Update,

Last night i had my new exhaust fitted by a chap called John Mitchell who is a dealer for Milltek and he has done an awesome job.

About a month ago i knew i wanted a Milltek because of there renowned quality and they sound lush not to loud just right. I had a choice between the Jet style of exhaust like the original with the bent pipes or a oval type off a corrado but i really wanted the twin straight pipes, so me and john chatted for a while and we came up with the idea of mating a tailpipe off a mk3 VR6 box and putting it on a mk2 box then coupling it up to a G60 system which in turn makes a rather nice system.

Anyway i dropped my car off to him last night (17/08/06) and went and played some golf with my dad whilst he was fitting it which was nice, it took him about 3 hours to fit and when i saw the finished product i was over the moon and couldnt wait to hear it, he gave me the keys and i started it up and it wasnt loud at all when it was idling which was exactly what i wanted but when you gave it some right foot it sounded gorgeous!! i couldnt take the grin off my face  :grin:. John was really pleased with the outcome aswell and enjoyed doing it due to it being something different.

Here are some pics tell me what you think.

Excuse the dodgy bent number plate ill be replacing that soon

next on the list is to get my spigot rings from dubmeister when they decide to send them out  :angry: and get my wheels all ready and fitted ready for E38 woop de woop!

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2006, 18:39 »
Update,

I received my spigot rings through the post this morning £22 from dubmeister delievered which was good so i couldnt wait to get my wheels on. i went and got my tyres put on my alloys and brung them home and fitted them to my car. they look LUSH.

im sooo happy with my car now there is nothing else at the moment i want to do with it apart from clean it and bumper black it ready for E38 but apart from that im just going to enjoy it i love it.  :smiley:

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #8 on: 29 October 2006, 23:11 »
its been a while since ive updated this thread because i havnt had a camera and to be honest i havnt done much but ive recently purchased a new camera and some crystal inners and put my 4 lamp grill back on here are a couple of pics.

Next on the to do list is to change the drivers side inner and outer CV because they have had it, and change the wheel bearings because im hearing a grinding noise which isnt good the pads need changing aswell so ive just gone and bought myself some Green stuff pads to go on so i should be able to stop again soon  :laugh:

Offline Adam_C

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 Golf R32
« Reply #9 on: 05 December 2006, 18:22 »
Newest addition to my car was some Blue LED's in the clocks and switches on the dash to replace the green crappy dated ones. joe gave me a hand sorting this out because i aint to clued up on electrics so thanks again buddy here are a couple of pics i think they look awesome.

I think one of my purchases next year will be a new headunit because the alpine i have now has green buttons which kinda annoys me. I was thinking about the new JVC one with a built in LCD screen which is also a DVD player that would look pretty cool i think but thats not at the top of my list of priorites so that will have to wait.