Author Topic: Adi's GTD  (Read 8364 times)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
Re: Adi's GTD
« Reply #20 on: 03 May 2011, 17:35 »
I was sat outside earlier having a smoke and when I looked at the car I thought thats my favourite view, so I took a picture  :smiley:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 03 May 2011, 18:24 »
Yeah......the easy bit lol  :kiss:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2011, 18:57 »
Sorry for not updating this more!

Intercooler now lives up front like so

Its been off the road for a few weeks as an inner CV imploded and I lost drive 25 miles away from home, where it stayed outside a mates house until I got AA cover and got it home. Here is the damage comapred to my new driveshaft

Also I finally got back a set of wheels that were on one of my previous mk2s I had years ago and sold to my mate. He changed the wheels and these sat in his garden for years, and I got him down to a sensible price, and now they live on my GTD :)

Up next is an oil change, gearbox oil change, and some new wishbones as lows eat bushes!

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #23 on: 08 July 2011, 06:49 »
I had a set of those Enzo Cups on my last mk2.  :smiley:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 08 July 2011, 22:27 »
Theyre quite rare, but not in a sense. Theyre identical to RH cups and Brock B2s but these are 15x7s. Its a good job the GTD used to run 9s and has well chopped arches, otherwise it would be scrubbing like a b!tch, its very very close on the rears as it is!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #25 on: 09 July 2011, 12:56 »
Bummer about the shaft (i really should sort mine!)  :lipsrsealed:  :grin:

Cars looking good, not sure I could drive round with a spot missing though although I understand why you have done it, perhaps find a suitable intake trumpet thing to put in it?

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 09 July 2011, 14:17 »
I think an intake would look worse tbh, from the right angle you can see how exposed the intercooler is to the airflow, I reckon an intake would probably make it less effective. I do have a single lamp grille but the grilles aren't slotted all the way across like this one is if you get me so it wouldn't get as much airflow as it does now with a big gaping hole  :grin: :grin:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 16 July 2011, 09:44 »
Just thought I'd share some pics of our wedding transport on Thursday, My missus arrived in my GTD, and I arrived in my mates mk2, which used to be mine once upon a time lol

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 16 July 2011, 11:39 »
Just thought I'd share some pics of our wedding transport on Thursday, My missus arrived in my GTD, and I arrived in my mates mk2, which used to be mine once upon a time lol

Sweet man.
Wish I'd managed to have that. All I got was a Rolls and a Merc S-Class.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 16 July 2011, 13:31 »
We didn't wanna arrive in anything other than a mk2  :cool: