Author Topic: Help needed with Audio Setup Please!  (Read 1979 times)

Offline peaty94

• Just got here
Help needed with Audio Setup Please!
« on: 05 October 2014, 13:39 »
Hello,

I've just brought my first VW Golf, went for the MK6 GT TDI 140; a nice upgrade from a clio!

So far really impressed with the vehicle, absolutely love it. But lets get down to the questions as i am in need of some help please!

My current HeadUnit is the one that came with the car, RCD-310 i believe. It doesn't have bluetooth, although it has an option for it, i believe this was an extra which the owner from new didn't include + i am wanting to amplify a subwoofer and maybe the door speakers if needed.

So i have two options:

1) Do I replace the RCD-310 with the RNS-510 to keep it looking OEM and then amplify all the speakers; will I need Vagcom help?
2) My other method seems easier, to buy an aftermarket headunit such as kenwood, alpine, pioneer etc then fit all the patch leads and harnesses i need for my steering wheel controls etc? I really need bluetooth!

If i go with the second option, will i need an adaptor for DAB so it uses the aerials already in my car? and an adaptor to keep using my aux cable beside my seat and the MDI cable also? I will then leave the speakers to be amplified to my headunit alone and then just amplify my subwoofer on its own using a mono channel JL amp. Please offer me some insight and advice as im extremely new to all this!

Thanks!

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
Re: Help needed with Audio Setup Please!
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2014, 13:45 »
1) the Bluetooth has nothing todo with the head unit, by changing from a rcd310 to an rns510 you would get the sat nav and DVD player, to get the Bluetooth you needed get a Bluetooth module that fits under the drivers seat. Genuine ones are expensive aftermarket ones can be found for a few hundred quid have a look on here about fitting Bluetooth loads of threads about it.

2) none of the head units have a pre out so you would need to get a line convertor and take a feed from a speaker and wire it that way to the amp... Again there is a few threads about it
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Help needed with Audio Setup Please!
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2014, 08:51 »
You could fit an RNS315 as that has Bluetooth, DAB and Nav all built in. It still doesn't have pre-outs, but that can be overcome with a conversion lead from the speaker leads.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.