Author Topic: RNS-510 Upgrade from Rev B to Rev P (Ebay = Legitimate?)  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Starfox

• Not said much yet
I picked up a new car with a RNS-510 Rev B in it (1T0 035 680 B) and I am toying with the idea of upgrading it.  I believe Rev P is the one to get (if you don't want DAB which I am not bothered about as my car does not have a DAB aerial)

I had seen a couple of ones HERE and HERE 

• How do I know if they are legitimate as I have heard some stories about potential fake RNS-510 units being sold on eBay?
  • How do I make sure it is a definitely a Rev P?
  • Is it a good upgrade?  I like the idea of the LED screen, larger HD and it being faster.  Plus I am hoping it will allow me to use voice activation in the car (I have the button on the steering wheel but it does nothing...)  Hoping to sell the Rev B one for a decent price on eBay?
  • Can I just do a straight swap?  I.e. no messing around with VAGCOM - will everything work as it should including Sat Nav on MFD as I currently have an RNS-510?

Thanks!

2011 MK6 GTD 5dr Carbon Grey, 18" Charleston, Xenons, ACC, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Front & Rear Sensors, Winter Pack
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/645595.html