Author Topic: golf gti 8v throttle ?431!  (Read 987 times)

vwsystems

golf gti 8v throttle ?431!
« on: 16 April 2004, 16:11 »
with my linkage snapped and the scrappers havent got any gti's in i'm fcuked............phoned vw they wanted ?431 for a throttle, the linkage doesnt come seperate so you have to buy the whole throttle at ?431 >:( >:( this is yet another money making scam by vw! >:( they know the linkage is liable to snap its a moving part so they dont sell the linkage seperate and charge a furtune for the whole throttle....... i thought ?200 but ?431 thats just fcuking damn right scam!

the cars been off the road for a week now the mot is due and i still havent got another linkage bit and its still misfiring!!!!!!!!!!

my word of advice.........grease the linkage up!!!!!

vwsystems

Re:golf gti 8v throttle ?431!
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2004, 16:24 »
its a good job i'm self employed as i was going to take a job at toyota at derby 40 mile away but it wasnt worth traveling that far petrol costs would be to high......
if i'd have taken this job i would have lost it by now!
theres no way a lad like me who running an old car who would need to get to work be able to fork out ?431 for a stupid throttle when alls it would need is a ?2 linkage bit >:( how can normal people afford to fix that!!!!!! >:(
vw gearbox drain plug- special vw tool
throttles at ?431 on a 17 year old car!
what next.......?????

Offline tinman

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2004, 17:53 »
i dont think its a rip, its all about VW making less of them because mk2s are getting a little long in the tooth.

there are two reasons why the price increases.

1. they are making smaller runs of components because they do not sell as many.

2. they are going to be stored for much longer periods. storage = space, space = $$$$

you should be able to find plenty of spare parts, just keep a look out for the next mk2 owner to find a lamppost/various moving targets/other large stationary object. then you have your 2 quid part for probably 2 quid.

tin

golfvr6

« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2004, 23:58 »
Yep, agree with tin. There must be plenty in the breakers yards. Try a vw/audi yard.

vwsystems

« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2004, 01:03 »
i think ive got one.......... 8) if all is well a lad is going to get back to me...........i'm so fcuking relieved!
if i hadnt got hold of one i was half way through making my copper throttle adapter......... ;D
and yes i was making it in my small shed! ;D

old_boy

« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2004, 22:13 »
If you get stuck, give me a shout. ;)

vwsystems

« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2004, 01:00 »
got one tonight...... at last.........

still got the engine problem.........