Author Topic: interior glass polish  (Read 3127 times)

Offline mossy69

• GTI forum regular
  • 2014 gtd carbon grey pro nav dyn audio keyless wp
interior glass polish
« on: 22 March 2018, 18:06 »
hi there ive tried autoglm fast glass but it seems to be smudgy any ideas on whats the best

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: interior glass polish
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2018, 18:14 »
I'm not saying I'm psychic but I predict Rebecca will be along shortly  :whistle:

There is a detailing section on here by the way. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=56.0
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2018, 22:07 »
hi there ive tried autoglm fast glass but it seems to be smudgy any ideas on whats the best

Ivusef autoglym glass polish for years n all our cars and my trucks never had an issue with it.
It similar to the old pinky liquid windowlene back in the day.
It's better than any glass spray use a damp applicator pad wipe on let it have and buff off no probs  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2018, 23:17 »

I’ve used both Autoglym Fast Glass and Autoglym Glass Polish and find both to be good. Of the two, I prefer Fast Glass and and it’s what I’m currently using. Haven’t ever had any issues with it smudging or smearing. What type of cloth are you using with it?

I used it to clean my glass today. Sprayed it on and spread it over the glass with a clean microfibre cloth and buffed it off. Job done. Used my car this evening after dark and the glass was perfectly clear and clean.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2018, 07:59 »
You're probably using too much product.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2018, 08:13 »
rather than start a new thread, (as it's glass related), has anyone clayed their glass (on the outside). My rear wiper even though it's relatively new blade judders on first activation, but doens't on the return sweep and i've noticed that the glass isn't left spotless when the blade wipes, but rather there's a random pattern that appears (though only visible when the wiper sweeps and before the glass dries out. I'm wondering if at some time I've got polish or something on the glass and if it can be removed by claying ? I've tried IPA on a clean cloth but that made no difference ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2018, 08:44 »
I’ve not clayed my glass, but it certainly won’t do any harm to try it, as claying should remove anything that could be affecting the movement of the wiper blade over the glass.

Maybe a silly question, but assume you’ve also cleaned the wiper blade to ensure the rubber’s clean?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2018, 09:31 »
As well as claying, you could also try some very fine wire wool for extra clarity, just not on interior tints. In terms of glass polish, I find auto finesse vision very good.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2018, 10:33 »
rather than start a new thread, (as it's glass related), has anyone clayed their glass (on the outside). My rear wiper even though it's relatively new blade judders on first activation, but doens't on the return sweep and i've noticed that the glass isn't left spotless when the blade wipes, but rather there's a random pattern that appears (though only visible when the wiper sweeps and before the glass dries out. I'm wondering if at some time I've got polish or something on the glass and if it can be removed by claying ? I've tried IPA on a clean cloth but that made no difference ?

I have been doing my windscreen every spring for the last 20 or so years. Also did the rear when I had a hatchback.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2018, 11:50 »
 :grin:
I'm not saying I'm psychic but I predict Rebecca will be along shortly  :whistle:

There is a detailing section on here by the way. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=56.0

:grin: Otherwise engaged it seems, seance? My 2 penneth 'Obsessive Detail Clarity windows' love it, work a treat on black gloss items also.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.