Author Topic: exhaust notes  (Read 24022 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: exhaust notes
« Reply #30 on: 18 June 2018, 10:12 »
Ive done the resonator delete and get no drone whatsoever :laugh:

How does it sound, made a noticeable difference?

Sounds great, it only comes alive when you put your foot down, if you cruise along in 4th 5th 6th etc you cant even tell, it gives a lovely burble and it far better than standard, do you want a video clip?

MK7 GTi

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 18 June 2018, 11:14 »

Sounds great, it only comes alive when you put your foot down, if you cruise along in 4th 5th 6th etc you cant even tell, it gives a lovely burble and it far better than standard, do you want a video clip?

Yes please :grin:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 18 June 2018, 14:54 »

Yes please  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 18 June 2018, 14:55 »
I had the Remus back box delete done yesterday and first impressions are really positive. I think it looks great, I love the sound on cold start and under normal driving conditions it's just a bit louder which is what I was looking for. I crept out of my street last night and the neighbours weren't running out of their houses.

I then went for a drive round the block and shoved the DSG into sport for a motorway sliproad - then it was really loud on upshift, a huge DSG fart which is what you see on YouTube. It was comedy loud to be honest but I don't have DSG in sport very often.

I will report back after a week of commuting (a combination of motorway and country roads) so some bits with DSG in normal and some bits in manual with the paddles.

Congrats on the CS Andy  :cool: How you finding it? Not loud enough obviously but that is now solved !

Cheers Jim, loving it so far! Congrats on the upgrade too! I was constantly looking at Clubsport parts and then getting annoyed when they wouldn't fit our facelifts - not sure what I'm going to do with my evenings now  :whistle:. I do miss the tech a little bit though and I don't have sweeping indicators anymore.

To be honest, I had ordered the Remus for my 7.5 and delayed the install when I decided to go for the Clubsport. Thankfully it is adjustable so it fits all of the mk7/7.5s and when I decided the Clubsport still needed a bit of help I booked it in. The real test will be this week but I've kept my Clubsport back box if it needs to go back on.

Bet your neighbours haven't noticed or just think you've just a bigger spoiler   :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 19 June 2018, 13:20 »
Will do later as its the misses car, she will be picking up our son at 3:30 :whistle:

MK7 GTi

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 19 June 2018, 13:27 »
This is our car :cool:

MK7 GTi

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 19 June 2018, 15:38 »
Sorry guys a short clip, and the car was cold and started against a wall which makes it sound louder, will try and get another clip sometime...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzraxi3j23iopsl/2018-06-19%2015.20.28.mov?dl=0

MK7 GTi

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 19 June 2018, 17:10 »
"Giv it a cuppla revs!"

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 19 June 2018, 17:19 »
"Giv it a cuppla revs!"

Women for yah😂

MK7 GTi

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 19 June 2018, 19:36 »
"Giv it a cuppla revs!"

Women for yah😂

Nice dog and very fancy driveway!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.