Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 24078 times)

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
Yes!!
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2018, 09:26 »
Same here! Text came in at 8.28 this morning - our cars must be in the same batch!
Arrived 4/4/18 - GTI PP 5dr, dsg, Isaac Blue, DCC, rear view camera, keyless entry.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2018, 09:30 »
Yep - 0830 for mine.
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2018, 10:18 »
Mine was being built this week too.  I'm just wondering where the notification text comes from - dealer or VW?
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2018, 10:19 »
Exciting times.... I was obsessed with checking the app. Think it was about 1 month between the stage you are at to stage 7.

Mine is being delivered on Thursday.

Enjoy

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2018, 10:35 »
The text came via the My VW tracking system. Strangely is was originally saying build week commencing 12th March then leapt to 'in transit' with a text this morning! So it's coming about a month earlier than originally expected. I'm going to have to see what can be done about returning current personal lease car a bit early (as end date is officially 11th May), or I may ask VW dealer to hang onto the GTI for a while - although not sure I want my new car hanging around a dealer storage area for an extra month!!
Arrived 4/4/18 - GTI PP 5dr, dsg, Isaac Blue, DCC, rear view camera, keyless entry.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2018, 11:06 »
Mine was being built this week too.  I'm just wondering where the notification text comes from - dealer or VW?
Its from VW - You'll need to register and have your order number that the dealer gave you - and then just tick all the relevant boxes.  The "My VW" app does the same.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2018, 11:10 »
Its from VW - You'll need to register and have your order number that the dealer gave you - and then just tick all the relevant boxes.  The "My VW" app does the same.

Cheers.  Don't think that service is available here in Aus: "This app is incompatible with all of your devices". 
« Last Edit: 03 March 2018, 11:13 by Splashalot »
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Ganno

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2018, 08:21 »
Ditto for my GTI order, the app was still showing a build week of 12/03/18 early yesterday then suddenly jumped to 'in transit'

I checked the order status with VW live chat and they confirmed my car was at the port of exit and cleared to ship. I'm now hopeful of a fairly seamless swap over as my GTD lease is up on the 23rd :smiley:
Mark 7.5 GTI 3 door Isaac Blue Steel
Mark 7 GTD 3 door Tornado Red
Mark 4 GTI 3 door Anthracite

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 04 March 2018, 09:32 »
I'm talking advantage of their 4K scrappage offer...  Can't wait to get shot of the 1.5 diesel I'm currently in....