Author Topic: S3 to Clubsport?  (Read 5552 times)

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
Re: S3 to Clubsport?
« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2017, 20:41 »
My wife has owned a Golf R and I test drove the latest S3 when I was looking this time around, the S3 is a very good car but felt a little boring, I prefer the CS to both. The CS has a lot going for it, it's a cracking little car.
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2017, 20:42 »
They had that one for ages, probably still there actually :laugh:
The white one blew it away imo. Hands down the best looking Golf I've ever seen :drool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 November 2017, 20:44 »
It looked like it had been washed with sandpaper.  :sick:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 26 November 2017, 20:46 »
I went from a 7R to my CS and don't regret it one bit.  The CS is special. :cool:  If you're buying a car to keep for a while, the CS is a great choice.  All I would say is get a VWUK car rather than an Irish one, as they have the numbered plaques, which is a nice touch.  There are a few around so you should be able to find one to your liking.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 26 November 2017, 20:48 »
The white one blew it away imo. Hands down the best looking Golf I've ever seen :drool:

How many doors was it? :whistle:

I saw an Oryx white CS a couple of days ago (on Autotrader, I don't get out much), was a bit pricey but virtually no mileage and I must say it looked stunning. I could even forego TR, maybe, perhaps.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 26 November 2017, 20:53 »
It’s the mileage which bothers me on the Uk ones tbh. The lower lineage ones seem quite expensive compared to an R. There seems to be lots of Irish ones with no mileage really. All the same spec! The one I drove had 40 miles on the clock. I suppose though that a UK buyer would expect the plaque come time to sell it.

Totally agree with the whole feel of the clubsport. Just a lovely car.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 November 2017, 20:55 »
Car was 5dr. Needs to be family friendly. Was also offered discount without even asking.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 26 November 2017, 20:58 »
It’s the mileage which bothers me on the Uk ones tbh. The lower lineage ones seem quite expensive compared to an R. There seems to be lots of Irish ones with no mileage really. All the same spec! The one I drove had 40 miles on the clock. I suppose though that a UK buyer would expect the plaque come time to sell it.

Totally agree with the whole feel of the clubsport. Just a lovely car.

I don't think the plaque would make much difference? They weren't applied at the factory afaik and I don't think many markets got them. If it were me (oh so lucky) I'd just go for the one I wanted.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 26 November 2017, 21:01 »
If it's a genuine Rep. of Ireland car you're looking at, then it will have KPH clocks... unless it was originally a UK car... I've seen a few CS"s on Irish car sales sites with MPH clocks (meaning that they are actually UK cars).

So if you see an "irish" car with MPH clocks then it's really a UK car.

A Northern Irish car is UK spec equivalent.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #19 on: 26 November 2017, 21:03 »

How many doors was it? :whistle:

I saw an Oryx white CS a couple of days ago (on Autotrader, I don't get out much), was a bit pricey but virtually no mileage and I must say it looked stunning. I could even forego TR, maybe, perhaps.
It had the proper amount of doors for a Golf......5  :grin:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16