Author Topic: LOTS OF MK6 GTI EDITION 35 QUESTION PLEASE HELP  (Read 2285 times)

Offline sheraaz4321

• Just got here
LOTS OF MK6 GTI EDITION 35 QUESTION PLEASE HELP
« on: 21 October 2017, 23:52 »
Hi guys new here. Owner of a black edition 35 gti.  I have a few questions if you guys could help me out!
1. Exhaust - Looking at getting a miltek downpipe. But which sounds better between a sports cat or a decat and whats the difference between 3inch and 2.75inch. I will be looking to remove the middle silencer and get a twin custom back box from Tony Banks with black tips. Would this be too loud with the sports cat or decat? Has anyone got videos of there car with a custom exhaust or a miltek sports cat or decat?
2. Remap - Will be also looking to get a remap very soon. Heard R TECH are the best. Currently have dfb+, r8 coil packs, ngk spark plugs and in the process of buying an intake. Looking at the racing line intake, is it any good or is there any better ones you would recommend? For stage 2 would i need an intercooler as well or would an intake full exhaust system with downpipe be enough? What figures would i get for a stage 2 map or is better get the HPFP and go stage2+ but its like 600quid for hpfp in question is it really worth it? Lastly has anyone got any graphs or figures for stage 1/1+or 2/2+ and could you list with what mods you achieved them figures.
Sorry for so many questions. But any help would be really appreciated!!!
Thank you

Offline chrisr763

• Just got here
Re: LOTS OF MK6 GTI EDITION 35 QUESTION PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2017, 21:53 »
Hello! Welcome to Edition 35 ownership! I'm actually leaving the 'circle' soon and selling up, but will probably be looking to remove the modifications i have made if your interested.

BCS 3" Turbo back full Powervalve system (sounds subtle until on boost  :evil:) Was £1500
Revo ceramic intake Was £350
Maniacs paddles (only useful if DSG!)