Author Topic: Clutch slipping on modified GTI  (Read 6454 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: Clutch slipping on modified GTI
« Reply #10 on: 16 October 2017, 10:51 »
I returned mine to standard when it started slipping occasionally (but would be fine after a quiet run) and it's been fine since. Only a couple of thousand miles since I returned to stock though - However no slippage in that time.

If your clutch has been slipping loads, it might be knackered but I caught mine early enough.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Sandtrap

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 16 October 2017, 13:44 »
Well i could remove everything or maybe i could leave it cat back miltek .  I do like the extra power but really do i use it ? No ! but it is nice to have . Car probably worth more standard as well ?
2014 GTI Performance
2012 Golf R DSG
2010 GTD
2008 GTD
2007 GTI

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 16 October 2017, 14:26 »
Did it slip on just a stage 1?  If not perhaps just taking it back to that is a better idea? Interesting hearing you say you don't really use it anyway, bluefin sounded tempting to me.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Sandtrap

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 16 October 2017, 15:18 »
The blue fin is brilliant, the miltek is brilliant!  Maybe i just need to suck it up and upgrade the clutch ! Just cant decide
But id say ill return it to std so there will be a full miltek up for grabs soon
« Last Edit: 16 October 2017, 18:33 by Sandtrap »
2014 GTI Performance
2012 Golf R DSG
2010 GTD
2008 GTD
2007 GTI

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #14 on: 16 October 2017, 18:34 »
Mine was only stage 1 and it slipped. Just got a Milltek cat-back now as I like the way it sounds with it on.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline adamrgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 26 August 2018, 11:05 »
This seems a really good price !
http://www.kmsmotorsport.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2270
The other one is cheaper and do the release bearing too  :smiley:

Does the release bearing come with the clutch order or is it separate?

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2018, 11:59 »
This seems a really good price !
http://www.kmsmotorsport.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2270
The other one is cheaper and do the release bearing too  :smiley:

Does the release bearing come with the clutch order or is it separate?

It's separate.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 02 September 2018, 15:47 »
I have a 66 plate with Revo stage 1 map, probably been on about 10 months now and my clutch started slipping 2 days ago. Just gone past 17000 miles too.

I'm going to upgrade to the Sachs clutch too.

May I ask you with the same issues when your clutch slips is it the revs that rise when accelerating but the car doesn't accelerate and then all of a sudden the revs catch and it accelerates like normal?

My clutch feels fine, same biting point, no slack when changing gear. Just the issue above.

Is the car ok to drive do you think? I'm driving gently, not accelerating hard and its not happened since but I don't want to cause any more damage by still using it. But I'm kinda stuck as I need a car and I think when I can get hold of the garage on Monday I'm not going to be able to get in until a few weeks! So I may have to continue using it

Offline adamrgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 08 September 2018, 13:01 »
I have a 66 plate with Revo stage 1 map, probably been on about 10 months now and my clutch started slipping 2 days ago. Just gone past 17000 miles too.

I'm going to upgrade to the Sachs clutch too.

May I ask you with the same issues when your clutch slips is it the revs that rise when accelerating but the car doesn't accelerate and then all of a sudden the revs catch and it accelerates like normal?

My clutch feels fine, same biting point, no slack when changing gear. Just the issue above.

Is the car ok to drive do you think? I'm driving gently, not accelerating hard and its not happened since but I don't want to cause any more damage by still using it. But I'm kinda stuck as I need a car and I think when I can get hold of the garage on Monday I'm not going to be able to get in until a few weeks! So I may have to continue using it

Mine slips from 3rd gear and above. It happens when the turbo kicks in and the revs go up like im dipping the clutch. Im having a sachs clutch fitted next thursday and got new slave cylinder and flywheel also

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #19 on: 08 September 2018, 19:09 »
Keep us updated with your experiences with the sachs clutch compared to stock...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1