Author Topic: Speedo Changing Query  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Jordan_gti

• Not said much yet
Speedo Changing Query
« on: 19 September 2017, 11:38 »
Hi guys, Im thinking of changing my speedo in my MK4 Golf because when I bough mine there was a crack in the bottom right corner. What options do I have? Ive been reading up on it and Im getting confused between the IMMO 2 & 3 issue? I just want a decent set of clocks to put in. Also do I need to get them programmed in if I change them? cheers in advance, Jordan.
2002 Golf Gti 1.8T (AUM) LC9Z

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Speedo Changing Query
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2017, 11:40 »
If it's the screen that's cracked why not just change that as any other set you stick in will need coded to your car

Offline Jordan_gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2017, 12:13 »
If it's the screen that's cracked why not just change that as any other set you stick in will need coded to your car

Its the actual plastic screen that covers the speedo itself (as in the part that you could knock on lol) , can you change that?
2002 Golf Gti 1.8T (AUM) LC9Z

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2017, 12:30 »
Yep!...straightforward swap over.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2017, 16:37 »
What speedo do you have now? Part number would help, otherwise photo and tell us where the immo light is (bottom right in rev counter or top of mph/km/h dial)?

Swapping them is easy, takes me only a few minutes. You can change just front screen but get the same make (i.e. Bosch/Motometer or VDO), it is also quite tricky to do. Easy to crack them when you remove.

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles