Author Topic: Bloody pigeons!!  (Read 4788 times)

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Bloody pigeons!!
« on: 29 August 2017, 12:18 »
For the early part of this year I was subjected to a torrent of abuse from large pigeons who were clearly jealous of my CS. They displayed this jealousy in the form of sh!t, every single day I would be welcomed to my car covered in the most horrific splattering of kak; I had no idea a bird could contain so much poo and launch it with such accuracy at my car, day after day, whilst avoiding all of the neighbours vehicles. Very impressive.

Well, they must be over the jealousy, as they have now taken to roosting on my car with a daily morning ritual of washing on the collected rainwater or morning due. This results in my car being covered in dusty dirt from the flying bastard rats, more poo, and scratches from their claws.
Joking aside, I'm at the end of my tether now. How the hell do I stop the flying hell beasts from damaging the car?! I can't put a gazebo up and I can't cover it nightly. Why the hell do they roost and bathe on my car and not anyone else's? My prized CS has a non metallic black roof which is always highly polished (under their daily torrent of dust, dirt and sh!t) and the rest of the car is carbon grey.

Any advice, humorous or otherwise is welcome.  :cry:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: Bloody pigeons!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2017, 13:08 »
An air rifle works wonders!   :cool:
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2017, 13:11 »
An air rifle works wonders!   :cool:

I'd probably miss and put my window out  :sick:
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2017, 13:38 »
Put a small piece of tape on the handle of a polly bag and stick it to front window when u leave the car  :smiley: it blowing about should keep them away

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2017, 14:08 »
Actually, a mate of mine had a lifesized stuffed cat (kids toy) sat on his car top and that seemed to work...until some prat stole the thing.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2017, 16:10 »
I was thinking a cat might be the solution, but a real one rather than a stuffed toy version. Based on the experience of my neighbour's cat, they're good at catching these flying vermin, or at least scaring them away.

The plastic bag taped to the window is certainly worth a try though.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2017, 18:19 »
Thanks for the advice peeps; I will try the bag and tape trick tonight and see how that works, i'm guessing it'll only be effective in the wind so will order a stuffed cat online tonight.

I bought one of those inflatable swimming pools for the kids a couple of days ago, just looked out of the window and there's 7 of the bloody things perched on the inflatable ring thing. That won't last long then.  :angry:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2017, 18:35 »
Thanks for the advice peeps; I will try the bag and tape trick tonight and see how that works, i'm guessing it'll only be effective in the wind so will order a stuffed cat online tonight.

I bought one of those inflatable swimming pools for the kids a couple of days ago, just looked out of the window and there's 7 of the bloody things perched on the inflatable ring thing. That won't last long then.  :angry:

My work use these  :smiley:

http://birdcontrol.net/html/Hawkkite.htm

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2017, 18:40 »

My work use these  :smiley:

http://birdcontrol.net/html/Hawkkite.htm
[/quote]

Now that I like!!

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2017, 18:58 »
What about a plastic bird of prey, on the roof of the garage perhaps?

These do seem to be particularly stupid pigeons though, they'd rather be run over than actually move off the road.