Author Topic: Picking up my 7.5 GTI  (Read 5715 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Picking up my 7.5 GTI
« on: 23 August 2017, 14:14 »
Hi everyone,

After several Fiesta ST's I have decided to jump to VW and purchased a 7.5 GTI last weekend.

I wanted either white or red, definitely 5 door and definitely dsg. Not too fussed on the PP as I was more than happy with the power and overall drive when I took one for a spin. I would rather save the extra 1k. Any other options were a bonus, but the standard spec is fine with me.

As it happens, there was a red 5 door dsg non PP in the showroom at my local dealer. Brand new with 5 miles on the clock, paintwork in great condition despite it being cleaned a few times. I was being quoted February delivery times for a factory order for the same spec car.

A few hours of haggling and crunching numbers managed to get down to a monthly figure I was happy with, overall 9.8% off list price on PCP. Picking it up this Saturday 9am.

Some people will say it wont be on a 67 plate and to wait, but this is my choice as a private reg is going on in a few months. Plus I'm starting a new job 2 days after pickup and will be nice to start with the new car all sorted. Personal choice.

Cannot wait to pick it up. Hurry up Saturday!

Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Alun

• Not said much yet
Re: Picking up my 7.5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2017, 14:40 »

Oh Clarky that's brilliant.

I wish you all the very best with your new car.

Photos please.

Enjoy!!!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2017, 14:41 »
I like you style clarky, no pi$$ing about, get in there, see what you want and get the job done! You'll love it! Don't forget to get some pictures up of your new pride and joy.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2017, 15:20 »
Thanks for the replies!

Here are some photos:

« Last Edit: 23 August 2017, 15:36 by clarky92 »
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2017, 16:02 »
Smashed it! You'll be absolutely chuffed I am certain.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2017, 16:42 »
Nice!

Has it got any factory fitted options (apart from paint)?
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2017, 16:44 »
Best of luck with the car, I'm sure you will love it. Good colour ;)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2017, 17:08 »
Nice!

Has it got any factory fitted options (apart from paint)?

Just red, and DSG. To be honest the base spec is great. The only thing I would have chosen would have been keyless and climate windscreen if I went for a factory order.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2017, 17:14 »
Thanks for all the replies, really enjoying everyone's comments  :smiley:

Another from inside the showroom:

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2017, 17:17 »
Can't see any of the pictures for some reason. :sad:  Edit.  I can see them now, very nice. :cool:
« Last Edit: 23 August 2017, 18:52 by TurboTrev »