Author Topic: Video codecs for Discover Nav Pro  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Video codecs for Discover Nav Pro
« on: 10 August 2017, 07:46 »
HI guys (and girls), bit of a strange question. I've had my second GTD for just over a year now, and decided to add some more movies onto the second SD card, as I was getting bored with the 10 or so movies that's been on there for the year. I already had some that I ripped for my last GTD, and they work just fine. However, I thought I'd done the same  - i.e. used Handbrake software, Ipod Profile (so max 920 pixel width), and MP4 format.

Everything looks the same when I inspect the properties of the file as they do on the older files, but none of the newer ones will play (it comes up on the screen as invalid media). i did get one to rip and play correctly, but for the life of me, I can't see what I did different on that one ?

Does anyone know the exact codec and video format that the Discover Nav Pro (pre facelift so 2016) will play please ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Video codecs for Discover Nav Pro
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2017, 15:39 »
I'd have thought as long as you avoid x265 you'd be OK. Fairly sure I had xvid, x264 and mkv working fine on my old car (2014)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Video codecs for Discover Nav Pro
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2017, 15:39 »
The manual actually lists the supported file types btw
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC