Author Topic: Mid life crises so I bought a GTI lol  (Read 2062 times)

Offline northernmunkey1

• Just got here
Mid life crises so I bought a GTI lol
« on: 03 July 2017, 21:26 »
Hi my name is Steve from Birmingham and just bought a MK5 GTI 2005 3 door.  Been wanting one for years so here goes.  Unfortunately it comes with that white worn rear badge which is a real bummer.  So going need some advice on changing it and the third brake light wasn't working when I purchased it.  I thought it was going to be a easy and cheap replacement lol.  If I now know what was involved in the cost and knowledge in changing the parts I might never had bought it and got a BMW instead.  Never mind I hope I can find the advice in this group? 

I don't want to buy the whole door badge so where can I get a new chrome replacement one from
« Last Edit: 03 July 2017, 21:38 by northernmunkey1 »

Offline MR FAKELAFF

• Not said much yet
Re: Mid life crises so I bought a GTI lol
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2017, 18:40 »
Where bouts are you in north . I'm getting a strange feeling your in the northeast

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2017, 18:50 »
Where bouts are you in north . I'm getting a strange feeling your in the northeast

The 7th word in gives it away :wink:

Offline MR FAKELAFF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2017, 20:50 »
Hi my name is Steve from Birmingham and just bought a MK5 GTI 2005 3 door.  Been wanting one for years so here goes.  Unfortunately it comes with that white worn rear badge which is a real bummer.  So going need some advice on changing it and the third brake light wasn't working when I purchased it.  I thought it was going to be a easy and cheap replacement lol.  If I now know what was involved in the cost and knowledge in changing the parts I might never had bought it and got a BMW instead.  Never mind I hope I can find the advice in this group? 

I don't want to buy the whole door badge so where can I get a new chrome replacement one from

Aye mate Birmingham. Not many north east folk down that way. You had  any luck with the brake light. I remember hearing somthing about mk5 gti brake lights bing tricky.  A bit like navigating on these sites :whistle: