Author Topic: Golf GTI & Sevilla Wheel Option!  (Read 21245 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI & Sevilla Wheel Option!
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2017, 16:37 »
I'm fairly sure they are grey and not diamond cut for the GTi.

Either way what's shown in the brochure will be a more accurate representation than the configurator.
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 12 July 2017, 19:23 »
Anyone any idea what the part number is for these wheels.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline VWDriver

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 12 July 2017, 21:55 »
Also just placed an order, trying to track some more photos down.

Hoping they are the grey as discussed and not the diamond cut.

I'm collecting mine next Thursday 20th with sevilla wheels so I'll put some pictures up asap to confirm what the actual UK ones look like. I did ask the dealer when they called to arrange the hand over but he hasn't seen the car yet.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 July 2017, 22:08 »
Lovely, look forward to some pics.... just not as much as you can't wait I bet  :grin:
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 July 2017, 22:33 »
I'm currently torn between a new GTD, which has the Sevilla's as standard, or possibly going for the GTI with the Sevilla's as an option (don't like look of the standard 18's). On the online configurator they look the same as on the GTD but have red around the outer edge of the rims, I have yet to see either in the fresh, wondered if anyone had seen a GTD with the Sevilla's?
I have seen both. IMO the standard GTI alloys look much better than the 2D photos. The GTD alloys look good too, but the GTI alloys are more distinctive. From a distance the Seville alloys are going the make the GTI look like a GTD  :huh:

I think the GTI Parker alloys look much more distinctive than the Sevilles and everyone who's seen mine this week have all commented on how good they look (including people who aren't car fans!).

I don't think the online VW configurator is in anyway representative of an actual car in terms of colour or look. Probably one of the worst ones I've used. Examples below of the configurator and my actual car...

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2017, 09:08 »
I'm currently torn between a new GTD, which has the Sevilla's as standard, or possibly going for the GTI with the Sevilla's as an option (don't like look of the standard 18's). On the online configurator they look the same as on the GTD but have red around the outer edge of the rims, I have yet to see either in the fresh, wondered if anyone had seen a GTD with the Sevilla's?
I have seen both. IMO the standard GTI alloys look much better than the 2D photos. The GTD alloys look good too, but the GTI alloys are more distinctive. From a distance the Seville alloys are going the make the GTI look like a GTD  :huh:

I think the GTI Parker alloys look much more distinctive than the Sevilles and everyone who's seen mine this week have all commented on how good they look (including people who aren't car fans!).

I don't think the online VW configurator is in anyway representative of an actual car in terms of colour or look. Probably one of the worst ones I've used. Examples below of the configurator and my actual car...

It's odd how peoples views differ on these things. I was ambivalent about the Parkers until I saw them in the flesh when I decided I didn't like them and made sure the Brescias were included with my order. That is the first time in twenty years of new car ordering that I have paid extra for a change in wheel style and I would have preferred to have stayed on 18" wheels.

And the wife, whose opinions on cars tend to stop at the make and whether it has a tow bar, said without provocation when I was looking at GTi pictures (good job she didn't catch the private browsing screens  :grin:) that she didn't like them at all.

The Parker wheel design does seem to divide opinion.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 13 July 2017, 10:53 »
At the risk of upsetting people (but it's just my opinion) - they're the worst wheel I've ever seen on a performance Golf. Ever. If they were standard on an e-Golf (and they do resemble the e-Golf wheels), I'd still spec something else. I am talking about the standard parkers here by the way, not those A-Team van yokes!
« Last Edit: 13 July 2017, 11:27 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 13 July 2017, 11:07 »
I like them but I always upgrade the wheels on my cars, except for this time because the car was already built but if I was ordering a GTi and couldn't go up a size it wouldn't bother me because I like them.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 13 July 2017, 23:22 »
I like them but I always upgrade the wheels on my cars, except for this time because the car was already built but if I was ordering a GTi and couldn't go up a size it wouldn't bother me because I like them.

They look great in my opinion, not sure why someone would make  a ridiculously over the top statement as above but everyone is entitled to their offer up their opinion. If you look at the previous standard GTI wheels then the Parkers are pretty much the evolution of the Monza and Austins. IMO the Sevilles don't suit the GTI at all but fit more with the character of the GTD. Each to their own though.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey