Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 533589 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1260 on: 12 July 2017, 18:38 »
Washed my Polo GTI today. Sorry, no before and after pictures, just one picture to show how the Fusso Coat Dark 12 Months Wax is holding up that I applied to my car at the beginning of March.

Since I applied it, the car has been washed roughly every 2 weeks and the only products applied to the paintwork in that time have been Valet Pro snow foam as part of the pre-wash, and Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash and Wax shampoo. I've deliberately not topped up the Fusso, or used a quick detailer as I wanted to see how well it would hold up, given Fusso's 12 months durability claim.

I think it's holding up pretty well; the picture was taken after washing, and pressure washing the suds off the car. IMO the beading is still pretty good, bearing in mind I'm in a hard water area and no other products have been applied to the paintwork to boost the longevity of the Fusso since it was applied just over 4 months ago.

Realistically, in spite of its name, I never expected to get 12 months protection from it, but it looks as if it would comfortably provide pretty good protection for 6 months, especially if it had a little help from a few applications of quick detailer during the drying off stage of the cleaning process. I'll be re-applying the Fusso in a couple of months time when I give my car it's autumn detail.

Anyone looking for an inexpensive synthetic wax that's easy to apply and has good durability, I'd recommend it.

That's holding up pretty well. Paintwork looks great too, such a lovely colour. I doubt the claims of any wax being able to last 12 months but if you can get 6 months that good going imo.

Thanks Rebecca. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up through the winter months when I re-apply it in a couple of months time.

The paintwork looks OK in overcast conditions but I noticed some light swirling in today's sunshine :shocked:, so the autumn detail will be the full works!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #1261 on: 15 July 2017, 21:54 »
Finally got round to giving the Clubsport a good clean. Washed twice with a coat of iron-x in between (amazing how much stuff that picks out), then a coat of collinite 476s and chemical guys blitz sealer. Pretty pleased with the results but no time to do the wheels or polish up the glass so don't look too closely!

Looking forward to seeing how it beads in the rain but couldn't bring myself to hose it down again!

2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1262 on: 15 July 2017, 22:06 »
Finally got round to giving the Clubsport a good clean. Washed twice with a coat of iron-x in between (amazing how much stuff that picks out), then a coat of collinite 476s and chemical guys blitz sealer. Pretty pleased with the results but no time to do the wheels or polish up the glass so don't look too closely!

Looking forward to seeing how it beads in the rain but couldn't bring myself to hose it down again!

Looks superb.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1263 on: 16 July 2017, 18:14 »
Great colour/wheel combo, very nice!  :cool:

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #1264 on: 16 July 2017, 22:05 »

Something strange about getting praise from the master, especially after reading so many of your hints/tips/experiences!

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #1265 on: 16 July 2017, 22:05 »
Great colour/wheel combo, very nice!  :cool:

Ta very much!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1266 on: 16 July 2017, 22:36 »

Something strange about getting praise from the master, especially after reading so many of your hints/tips/experiences!

Hints and tips will only get you so far.  This is all your own work.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #1267 on: 19 July 2017, 22:00 »
All of this.... And a Video that was even harder... :grin: :grin:

**Carwash not easy anymore. *Youtube fault* ;)**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYeAR8aWOFU

My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1268 on: 21 July 2017, 11:21 »
Gave it a pre Gatwick airport carpark wash.  It will get filthy sitting there for 2 weeks but at least it won’t be filth upon filth!

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1269 on: 21 July 2017, 12:21 »
Gave it a pre Gatwick airport carpark wash.  It will get filthy sitting there for 2 weeks but at least it won’t be filth upon filth!

Lovely as ever :smiley: I'm surprised you are not leaving it at the airport tucked up inside your detailing marquee! :laugh: Enjoy your holiday!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.