Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773464 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7370 on: 16 October 2017, 22:45 »
The external sound thingy known as "sport and sound" on the GTD is actually designed to be for fully electric vehicles - to add a noise so pedestrians can hear it coming.

So, with this in mind, the multi-platform Golf electronics considers a failure of the safety noise emitter to be a safety issue.

Loud exhausts save lives :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7371 on: 17 October 2017, 08:09 »
First clean and polish since the accident repair, then got what seems like most of the Sahara desert dumped on it the next day  :cry: Oh well... least it got it's winter coat protection, and still pleased with how it's come out.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7372 on: 17 October 2017, 10:56 »
Looks great and yeah tell me about the dust, came out to the car yesterday evening to a silver car. Going to wash it today before someone writes clean me on it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7373 on: 17 October 2017, 11:43 »
Ye got away lightly with a little bit of dust. We Irish were in apocalypse-mode yesterday as Hurricane-Ophelia ripped up through the country...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7374 on: 17 October 2017, 13:00 »
Looks fab sootchucker. Such a pita when it gets instantly dirty but it should clean up easily again.  Great job even if the odds were stacked against you.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7375 on: 17 October 2017, 14:10 »
Ye got away lightly with a little bit of dust. We Irish were in apocalypse-mode yesterday as Hurricane-Ophelia ripped up through the country...

Did you have any damage Joe to home or car? My brother had his X5 damaged by a branch falling on it and the shed he built himself because as he put it, all the sheds you buy are sh!t made is now in a field across the road.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7376 on: 17 October 2017, 14:53 »

Did you have any damage Joe to home or car? My brother had his X5 damaged by a branch falling on it and the shed he built himself because as he put it, all the sheds you buy are sh!t made is now in a field across the road.

:grin:

No, thankfully we got away fairly unscathed. A couple of small trees nearby literally got up-rooted but thankfully the huge ones just across from me stayed upright. I was a bit nervous looking out at those blowing around like crazy!

Other parts of the country fared worse - down around Waterford especially.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7377 on: 17 October 2017, 16:11 »
Ordered a clutch stop. It reduces clutch pedal travel and has been highly recommended on many forums. For around £17 I thought it worth a go especially when I checked last night and roughly 40% of pedal travel seems unnecessary :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll also allow me to sit 1 seat adjustment further back which I find more comfortable but difficult to fully depress the clutch. Just one of a few minor mods I'm planning as and when funds allow including an Audi short shift and metal shift bracket with upgraded linkage bushes. Will try removing the clutch assist spring and delay valve plus if I can really stretch my wallet I would like to replace the lower engine mount with an upgraded VWR billet version, the dogbone inserts to me seem a bit of a bodge albeit a cost effective one. I just fancy getting my hands a little bit dirty under the bonnet and feel more involved with my car and how it performs :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #7378 on: 17 October 2017, 16:21 »
Ordered a clutch stop. It reduces clutch pedal travel and has been highly recommended on many forums. For around £17 I thought it worth a go especially when I checked last night and roughly 40% of pedal travel seems unnecessary :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll also allow me to sit 1 seat adjustment further back which I find more comfortable but difficult to fully depress the clutch. Just one of a few minor mods I'm planning as and when funds allow including an Audi short shift and metal shift bracket with upgraded linkage bushes. Will try removing the clutch assist spring and delay valve plus if I can really stretch my wallet I would like to replace the lower engine mount with an upgraded VWR billet version, the dogbone inserts to me seem a bit of a bodge albeit a cost effective one. I just fancy getting my hands a little bit dirty under the bonnet and feel more involved with my car and how it performs :smiley:

Where did you order the clutch stop from?

Can confirm the clutch assist spring and delay valve removal are worthwhile mods, as is the dogbone mount insert. :smug:
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7379 on: 17 October 2017, 16:36 »
I've booked my Golf GTI into the local dealer from whom I bought it because the nearside headlight keeps turning itself off and then on again.

Warranty job, thankfully.

Tomorrow I'll clean a large part of the Sahara off of it!