Author Topic: XENONS - Q & A retrofitting & functionality  (Read 211021 times)

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
Re: People With Xenons
« Reply #10 on: 09 September 2010, 08:21 »
Hmmm ... interesting all this.
I was under the distinct impression that the manual levellers for the Halogens could be teamed up with the OEM Xenons.

SteveP or Mortygt140 to the rescue? :smiley:

That would be ideal if the manual levellers and xenons would link up with each other. Known VW they won't, nothing is simple with them  :rolleyes:

Ess Three, if you can get pics that would be great mate, no harm in having a look  :nerd:

APR Stage 2+

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2010, 09:04 »
http://www.vwcruise.com/51.html

Seems the xenons can be fitted without AFS and Auto Leveling  :cool: :laugh:

APR Stage 2+

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2010, 09:23 »
http://www.vwcruise.com/51.html

Seems the xenons can be fitted without AFS and Auto Leveling  :cool: :laugh:

I've not heard good things about that company mind (if you're thinking of using them) - seen a few people complain about them over on Audi Sport  :undecided:

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 09 September 2010, 09:41 »
Not using them mate, just sent them an email to ask if you can fit the xenons without the auto leveling and AFS.

Cheers for the heads up anyways  :smiley:

APR Stage 2+

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #14 on: 09 September 2010, 09:44 »
Not using them mate, just sent them an email to ask if you can fit the xenons without the auto leveling and AFS.

Cheers for the heads up anyways  :smiley:

No probs :afro:

Loads of MK4 owners have retro-fitted xenons without any problems.  There's a wiring mod they can do to manually adjust the level using the original headlight switch inside.

Would have thought something similar is doable for the MK6  :smiley:

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 09 September 2010, 13:51 »
I have fitted about 5 sets of Xenons for forum members that includes the auto leveling and in 3 of the cases the washers...I have also done my own on retro fit they have all worked perfectly with out any problems.

The actual fitting is a doddle no special tools and I have got the fitting down to about 2 hours all in  with a factory look you cannot tell it wasn't fitted from VW,

If you need any info or advice let me know and ill could talk you through a retro fit of the levelers and bendy lights?  I think the auto level kit from Kufatec with all the sensors and controllers is just short of £400. if you can get the headlights with the ignitors and ballasts cheap enough then your laughing, you don't really nead the washers if you keep them clean enough,  But I think the levelers do a good job of keeping the light at a good level to see whats in front all the time.

Darren

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 09 September 2010, 13:57 »
Darren,

Don't suppose you know if the GTI Xenon 'furniture' will fit straight onto the R Xenon 'black' housings?
I'm guessing so...but at the price VW want for a pair of black housings, I'm not sure I'm willing to risk it.

Glen.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 09 September 2010, 15:49 »
I have fitted about 5 sets of Xenons for forum members that includes the auto leveling and in 3 of the cases the washers...I have also done my own on retro fit they have all worked perfectly with out any problems.

The actual fitting is a doddle no special tools and I have got the fitting down to about 2 hours all in  with a factory look you cannot tell it wasn't fitted from VW,

If you need any info or advice let me know and ill could talk you through a retro fit of the levelers and bendy lights?  I think the auto level kit from Kufatec with all the sensors and controllers is just short of £400. if you can get the headlights with the ignitors and ballasts cheap enough then your laughing, you don't really nead the washers if you keep them clean enough,  But I think the levelers do a good job of keeping the light at a good level to see whats in front all the time.

Darren

Darren,

That is music to my ears! Out of interest where are you based? :huh: Steve is looking into getting me headlights from VW ( take it they will come with ballasts and ignitors? ). Looking at the guide to fit the levelers on the MK5 put me right off but if your saying it was simple I might just go for them  :smiley:

So so so annoyed I didnt just get them to order!!!  :sad:

APR Stage 2+

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 09 September 2010, 18:59 »
Darren,
Yummy! :smiley:
I've got heated washers and manual levellers.
How much would the whole shebang cost: Bi-Xenons (smoked), auto-levellers, wiring, labour, etc., etc.
Does the bumper have to be removed?
Cost breakdown, please.
PM me if you prefer.
Thanks.
Asker
« Last Edit: 09 September 2010, 19:04 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP