Author Topic: n75 is bypassed with mbc  (Read 18463 times)

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
n75 is bypassed with mbc
« on: 24 June 2010, 10:10 »
Well this morning i decided to remove the n75 valve off my car(the compresser thingy that regulates the boost to the actuator).I thaught my car was down on boost so after reading many posts on the gti forum i changed all vac pipes and installed a boost gauge to find i was right it was well down running 0.5 bar at best :no: ,every one says you have to replace the n75 as if you bypass it,you will only get 0.5 bar :( ....so after some more head scratching i decided to fit a manual boost controller this morning to see if i could get the actuator to boost higher coz all the n75 valve does is restrict the air flow ;) Well it works mint boosts well the power delivery is great as long as i dont go silly with the boost levels i think it will be fine.

the n75 valve is the black thing under the blue t pice in the engine bay on picture 2

The car feels fun for the 1st time and actually feels like it deserves a gti badge
« Last Edit: 24 June 2010, 10:15 by gavgtiturbo »

Offline darren1.8t

• I live here
  • I HATE FRENCH CARS
Re: n75 is bypassed with mbc
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2010, 11:35 »
sounds good m8  :wink:

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2010, 16:15 »
your car might feel low on boost because youve got no DV, say goodbye to your turbo

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2010, 16:45 »
your car might feel low on boost because youve got no DV, say goodbye to your turbo
dv??? do you mean dump valve ? as i have :shocked:...surely the n75 just restricts the boost pressure opening and closeing quickly to give you the desired pressure,if so then the boost controller will do the same job by restricting the boost flow pressure. id rather take the chance of the turbo blowing and haveing fun driveing again than driveing a slow baga mk4,it stands me at next to nowt so the idea was to nail it till it blows up :grin:

Offline darren1.8t

• I live here
  • I HATE FRENCH CARS
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2010, 16:52 »
if it was me m8 i would only run just over a bar ov boost to kep it safe but sounds like its a good idea  :wink:

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2010, 16:57 »
well in the picture theres no DV and no piping for the relocation kit, so what dv are you running?

like it " nail it till it blows up lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 24 June 2010, 16:59 by DarkGti »

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2010, 17:00 »
if it was me m8 i would only run just over a bar ov boost to kep it safe but sounds like its a good idea  :wink:
yes mate that was the idea im not putting silly boost through, its chipped and only running just under 1 bar  and thats fine with me :wink:,i want to see how much difference there is on cold mornings etc to check there are no spikes or anything amiss,then i may give it a tweek

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2010, 17:11 »
well in the picture theres no DV and no piping for the relocation kit, so what dv are you running?

like it " nail it till it blows up lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
to answer your queston :smiley:,im also haveing one at the intake manifold as ive just moved it to try the diffrence in sound so twin dump valves by the end of the week and see how that sounds :grin:

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2010, 17:42 »
Project "compressor punishment"  :laugh:

Build thread clicky

Offline will gti

• I live here
  • ARZ 1.8T
« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2010, 17:43 »
ive never herd of anything like that done before, good luck. :smiley:
WHEELS IN SIG FOR SALE FERB'D WITH NO CURBING, ALL WITH GOOD TYRES GOODYEAR NCT 5