Author Topic: Just ordered Golf 8 GTI Clubsport ☺️  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Ell1207

• Not said much yet
Just ordered Golf 8 GTI Clubsport ☺️
« on: 14 April 2021, 11:09 »
Hi all,

As per title, I have just placed an order for a 71 plate Clubsport in dolphin grey with DCC, 19’ Adelaide and rear cam.

18 week wait time so will be counting the days  :smug:

Online Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Just ordered Golf 8 GTI Clubsport ☺️
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2021, 11:55 »
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Hopefully VW tech boffins will have got their act together by then. 🤞
7.5 GTD

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2021, 12:19 »
Hi all,

As per title, I have just placed an order for a 71 plate Clubsport in dolphin grey with DCC, 19’ Adelaide and rear cam.

Hopefully they have cleared the backlog. I ordered 12 weeks ago and still don't have a confirmed build week
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2021, 18:43 »
Hi all,

Hopefully they have cleared the backlog. I ordered 12 weeks ago and still don't have a confirmed build week

Yikes! I ordered two weeks ago and was told 16 weeks. Assumed that was gospel. Guessing not now
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2021, 18:54 »
Hi all,

Yikes! I ordered two weeks ago and was told 16 weeks. Assumed that was gospel. Guessing not now

The last unconfirmed build week update i had was week 44 (pretty sure thats November). That was 3 weeks ago though. I've stopped bothering the dealer now and will check on a month by month basis
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2021, 08:18 »
Hi all,

I ordered my R 11 jan and only got a confirmed build week a few days ago  :shocked:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2021, 09:28 »
I know its not a Golf, but I ordered my new Tiguan R-Line on the 22nd February (so week 8 ) We are now in week 14 (nearly 15) and I still don't have a confirmed build date yet, however that's not the end of the story.

My dealer showed me a copy of his sales screen and it showed an "unconfirmed" build date of week 26 (so week beginning 28th June), meaning I wouldn't see the car most likely until end July / early August. That's a 21-22 week (approx) delivery time. When I really pressed the dealership and threatened to cancel the order (as I'd had it in writing the order would take 12-14 weeks), they contacted VW UK, and the response was surprising and almost unbelievable at the same time.

Apparently (and this is from the email from VW UK to the dealership he copied a part of too me), the UK has run out of it's quota of Tiguan Elegance and R-Line models and only the base model and the Tiguan Life were being built. Apparently the earliest the new orders will be accepted by VW Germany for build is week 26, and apparently there's a lot of us in the same boat, so I can't imagine they can build all the back log in the same week. No mention of Covid causing delays or indeed semiconductor shortages, just that VW UK had run out of it's production quotas on these trim levels until the 2nd half of this year.

How ridiculous it that. They have order slots available for lower spec and cheaper models, and are fully willing to have customers cancel their orders for the more expensive models, just to fill the lower ones. It really beggars belief what moron's are running VW these days. The wife and I are currently deciding whether to the leave the order in place and just enjoy the GTI longer, or cancel altogether, and for the first time in 16 years just leave the VAG brand and move elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2021, 09:30 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2021, 09:36 »
I'd heard of dealer allocation before and certainly they have allocations for different models of Golf (eg Life, Style, R line, GTI etc) but I've never heard of VW UK allocation, but if you assume that a dealer's allocation must come from VW UK, there has to be an overall VW UK allocation.

VW UK are an importer and reseller of VW cars, while they are wholly owned by VAG, they will be considered effectively a distributor and VAG will definitely allocate them production numbers.

You normally only hear of "the UK will only get 100 of these" for exotic things, but those numbers definitely will exist even for humdrum boring things too.

At the moment there are problems with backlog caused by factory shutdowns, problems with reduced output due to social distancing inside of the factories and also with electronic component shortages.

All of these things will be stretching allocation limits and resulting in long lead times for factory orders.

And that's not just VW, although VAG brand cars do seem even normally to suffer from incredibly long factory lead times vs any other brand on the market.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2021, 09:40 »
I know its not a Golf, but I ordered my new Tiguan R-Line on the 22nd February (so week 8 ) We are now in week 14 (nearly 15) and I still don't have a confirmed build date yet, however that's not the end of the story.

My dealer showed me a copy of his sales screen and it showed an "unconfirmed" build date of week 26 (so week beginning 28th June), meaning I wouldn't see the car most likely until end July / early August. That's a 21-22 week (approx) delivery time. When I really pressed the dealership and threatened to cancel the order (as I'd had it in writing the order would take 12-14 weeks), they contacted VW UK, and the response was surprising and almost unbelievable at the same time.

Apparently (and this is from the email from VW UK to the dealership he copied a part of too me), the UK has run out of it's quota of Tiguan Elegance and R-Line models and only the base model and the Tiguan Life were being built. Apparently the earliest the new orders will be accepted by VW Germany for build is week 26, and apparently there's a lot of us in the same boat, so I can't imagine they can build all the back log in the same week. No mention of Covid causing delays or indeed semiconductor shortages, just that VW UK had run out of it's production quotas on these trim levels until the 2nd half of this year.

How ridiculous it that. They have order slots available for lower spec and cheaper models, and are fully willing to have customers cancel their orders for the more expensive models, just to fill the lower ones. It really beggars belief what moron's are running VW these days. The wife and I are currently deciding whether to the leave the order in place and just enjoy the GTI longer, or cancel altogether, and for the first time in 16 years just leave the VAG brand and move elsewhere.

When I was looking for a Volkswagen lease deal, there were a lot of R-line Tiguans available, in stock and awaiting delivery between April and July, so it's possible the leasing businesses have sucked up a large portion of the allocation in anticipation for things normalising after covid?

The more expensive models don't always mean more profit either by the way (sometimes the more expensive models exist just to capture a wider audience), the cheaper models may actually earn them more money and hence they have larger allocations.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2021, 09:55 »
I ordered a Clubsport the last week of January and was quoted 20 weeks max. The tracker was stuck on stage 2 - with factory, for ages. Then, about a week ago it suddenly went to in transit and has now arrived in UK.
So I was expecting June and it looks like I'll have it end of this month.
Strange