Author Topic: Looks like Edition 45 might be on the way  (Read 33182 times)

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
Re: Looks like Edition 45 might be on the way
« Reply #110 on: 23 February 2021, 11:57 »
Oh dear ........ those pictures have just cost me some money :laugh:

Thank you for posting those up. Been spending way too much time deliberating on my next daily between returning to a hot golf and Audi S5 sportback ED1.

Problem ( and it’s a silly one ) all my cars are dark grey ( rules out the R - shame - and still not 100% on dolphin grey ) - just can’t get a car whose colour I’m not 110% on.

Think it looks stunning in that colour - I’m firmly in the love black wheels camp (each to their own of course).

45 stickers and red rim on the wheels can be adjusted to make it fit my taste but I think it looks brilliant - hope the grey looks as good as it does in the pics

Would it be too much to hope for some sexy seats and interior trim - probably !!!!

What started out a rubbish day has just got brighter thank you.

That’s fine, I was lucky to see them because I don’t think VW plan to launch for another few weeks yet. I think it looks very good too, and certainly the best looking mk8 ‘out of the box’.
Visually, it isn’t very different at all from the standard CS - that’s fine, neither was the mk7 CSS different from the CS. An alcantara steering wheel wouldn’t go a miss though...

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #111 on: 23 February 2021, 12:03 »
Well if that pic is true, red wheels are reality not speculation.

That's going to seperate the men from the boys.

I really like the look, but suspect the ED45 pack on top of the clubby base price will mean nasty luxury car tax even if you add nothing else.
I believe that pic to be true as I stole it from a reliable ‘leaks’ page! 😁
You’re right - it will be expensive but if anything that’ll only help residuals and keep it ‘exclusive’, as I imagine VW wants to.

Oh and if anyone is a bit iffy about the red rim stripe, let’s just remember that Porsche has just done exactly the same with their brand new 992 GT3... 🤪

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #112 on: 23 February 2021, 12:29 »
Oh I think the red rim is rather nice actually, I'd be happy with that on my car.

However such things are divisive - having spent some time in BMW land where they all want to strip the red accents off of their 128ti's to make them look like a 118D.  :cry:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #113 on: 23 February 2021, 12:37 »
... but it would match their red braces so well!...

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #114 on: 23 February 2021, 13:20 »
Really pleased to see those pictures, I think I can now relax and continue to enjoy my Ed40. :cool:  I don't like 5 doors, the grey paint or the red trim on the wheels.  It's also a shame they didn't gloss black all the moulded plastic front/back bumper trim.  Maybe once I see some different colours I may get the bug to change, but unlikely methinks?

Edit.  Looking again, maybe the bumper trim is gloss?
« Last Edit: 23 February 2021, 13:22 by TurboTrev »

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #115 on: 23 February 2021, 13:33 »
That’s fine, I was lucky to see them because I don’t think VW plan to launch for another few weeks yet. I think it looks very good too, and certainly the best looking mk8 ‘out of the box’.
Visually, it isn’t very different at all from the standard CS - that’s fine, neither was the mk7 CSS different from the CS. An alcantara steering wheel wouldn’t go a miss though...

Agree on it being the best looking mk8; I really like it. I’m not usually a fan of black wheels, but those look great, and I think the red pinstripe around the rim works well with the other red accents on the car. Nice paint colour too - which presumably will be exclusive to the ED45.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #116 on: 23 February 2021, 13:40 »
Really pleased to see those pictures, I think I can now relax and continue to enjoy my Ed40. :cool:  I don't like 5 doors, the grey paint or the red trim on the wheels.  It's also a shame they didn't gloss black all the moulded plastic front/back bumper trim.  Maybe once I see some different colours I may get the bug to change, but unlikely methinks?

I’m sure all Clubsport 45 owners will wink as they overtake 😜

The joys of CGI images! To me, the black trim still appears to be black plastic. Look at the finish of the spoiler and wing mirrors for comparison. No doubt the colour will look completely different in person too. We already have Urano, Dolphin and Moonstone as flat grey Golf 8 colours, surely this one will be metallic?!

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #117 on: 23 February 2021, 13:41 »

The joys of CGI images! To me, the black trim still appears to be matte black plastic. Look at the finish of the spoiler and wing mirrors for comparison. No doubt the colour will look completely different in person too. We already have Urano, Dolphin and Moonstone as flat grey Golf 8 colours, surely this one will be metallic?!

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #118 on: 23 February 2021, 14:20 »
Oh I think the red rim is rather nice actually, I'd be happy with that on my car.

However such things are divisive - having spent some time in BMW land where they all want to strip the red accents off of their 128ti's to make them look like a 118D.  :cry:

Living in a city, that may not be a bad thing

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #119 on: 23 February 2021, 14:38 »

The joys of CGI images! To me, the black trim still appears to be black plastic. Look at the finish of the spoiler and wing mirrors for comparison. No doubt the colour will look completely different in person too. We already have Urano, Dolphin and Moonstone as flat grey Golf 8 colours, surely this one will be metallic?!

I'm pretty sure Dolphin Grey is metallic.
7.5 GTD