Author Topic: Golf MK6 Golf Collectors Edition by Walter de Silva  (Read 21164 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
Re: Golf MK6 Golf Collectors Edition by Walter de Silva
« Reply #10 on: 29 September 2008, 12:40 »
It's also on VW media services :grin:

Bugger - so it is.  Don't know how I missed that one!  :embarassed:
https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/medias_publish/ms/content/en/pressemitteilungen/2008/09/08/golf_collectors_edition.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html

Cough cough.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=54324.0

And . . . . . .

Those are already in the public domain, and I am not actually posting the content here on the GolfGTI forum, but instead just posting links to external sites which does not breach any copyright issues at all.  Furthermore, the links I posted are all the "bare" URLs, which clearly show it is pointing to content held "off-site".  :tongue:  :smug:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 29 September 2008, 12:43 »
True, just depends on your thoughts on access to shady material.

Now about the source of that sig pic, or is that you and you own the copyright? :tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #12 on: 29 September 2008, 12:45 »
Now about the source of that sig pic, or is that you and you own the copyright? :tongue:

....Silly question! :rolleyes: - Of course it's T_T, you've clearly never met him! :evil:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline deanjames

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 29 September 2008, 12:47 »

lol good point  :wink:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 29 September 2008, 12:52 »
Keep yer hair on people, I missed the source by accident.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/23/volkswagen-golf-collectors-edition-by-walter-de-silva/

OK, fairy nuff for forgetting to post the link.  However, it is still in breach of copyright to simply copy the content in its entireity.  What you should really do is just copy and post important "snippets" (upto 10% seems to be an accepted protocol for remaining on the legal side of copyright laws), and then link to the full article.  :wink:  :smiley:

I only added the part that was the VW press release, the point of my post was as stated at the beginning.

OK, but in order for you to copy the entire article, you either need the written consent of the host (in this case, AutoBlog), or alternatively, copy the article direct from VW Media Services, providing you have been accepted by them as an accredited journo.  See section 1 here: https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/medias_publish/ms/content/en/misc/QuickAccess/rechtliches.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html

I was more interested in the leather as currently it's just black leather or cloth. I'd love a black or silver GTi with tan leather. This one looks like an american variant that will probably never reach the UK.

If you had read the original VW Media Services article (which I now have), it clearly states it is only for Germany.  :nerd:  :smug:  However, such options as coloured leathers are already available in the UK - you just need to ask your stealer about the "Volkswagen Individual" programme, which operates in an identical fashion to the "Audi Exclusive" scheme.
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #15 on: 29 September 2008, 12:55 »
If you had read the original VW Media Services article (which I now have), it clearly states it is only for Germany.  :nerd:  :smug:  However, such options as coloured leathers are already available in the UK - you just need to ask your stealer about the "Volkswagen Individual" programme, which operates in an identical fashion to the "Audi Exclusive" scheme.

....And which doubtless costs an arm and a leg :grin:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 29 September 2008, 12:55 »
True, just depends on your thoughts on access to shady material.

I agree that those manuals may be shady, but you arn't actually hosting them!  :tongue:

Iz it bekauz I iz blak!  :laugh:  :grin:  :laugh:  :grin:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 29 September 2008, 12:56 »

....Silly question! :rolleyes: - Of course it's T_T, you've clearly never met him! :evil:

Shhhhhhsh - I thought my secret was safe!  :shocked:  :laugh:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2008, 12:58 »

for the cow.

Shame that Individual stuff is kept so quiet really.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 29 September 2008, 13:02 »

Nah, just three left kidneys!  :grin:

Actually, some of their "Individual/Exclusive" prices won't be much more than normal brochure options.  Take the Recaro buckets (similar to my RS4 seats) - for the leather Recaros, you are looking at £2,345, whereas for the "normal" leather on the standard seats - that is/was £1,645 - and we know that it is very poor quality, and often not leather at all.  Whereas the Recaros have a high quality "Valcona" nappa leather.
-----

I feel like a homo