Author Topic: tvr powerd mk1 golf  (Read 14601 times)

Offline Hammy

• GTI forum regular
Re:tvr powerd mk1 golf
« Reply #20 on: 02 December 2003, 22:32 »
To be honest, if you are sculpturing your own dashboard I would have to suggest it is a dark hardwood.  Something like Iroco or Sapele.  Finish it off with a Danish oil to bring out the grain and it would look absolutely stunning !   Also using Danish oil will seal the wood and make it protected against the elements.

Fantastic project and something I am very jealous of.  Good luck to you and your endeavours.  Keep the piccies rolling in and thanks for sharing with us all !

Paul :)

Offline GTI16vGaz

• GTI forum regular
  • New car will be displayed soon.
« Reply #21 on: 16 December 2003, 18:07 »
extending windscreen pillers 2.5 inc used another bonnet and tailgate put five inc in today started to make cage,also got floorpan in ,pedal box steering colum looking pritty good making my own dashboard and senter console out of fibreglass ,yes i wood let  other people drive it .im only doing this project to prove a point i love mk1 golf,s and tvr,s so i have best of both worlds.   p.s.   what colour wood any body sujest as i will be painting it myself :)

Hi Mate...

Can't wait to see the finished project, looks well good..

If it was me i would do whole car metallic black.. it would like well nice!!!!!

Good Luck and keep us all posted... ;)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 17 December 2003, 02:57 »
Some more pics gone up I see.......glad to see the project progressing.
Some of the things you're up against there must give you some serious head scratching!
Keep up the good work.

Offline golf,tvr no longer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 17 December 2003, 23:46 »
 ::) hi i just thought id tell you bit about myself i have always been into cars since i was 15 that was 14 years ago im maried with 5 wounderfull girs,1cat ,2 fish,and 1 mouse. jean my babe has always been suported me  with my hobby ,cars, i have tort my 13 year old how to paint,and weld as i do everything myself i always try my hand to anything.i dont have a lot of time to myself as i work 6/7 days a week as a signals,telecom engineer  in the london area;and i live in doncaster.if any body looks at my new pics youl see i have custom built my own cage,made my own dash and fabricated the tvr floor pan to suit. as for the windscreen i will have one made to suit the rear screen will be plastic and side windows  

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #24 on: 18 December 2003, 00:03 »
good look on your project how long will it take till its finished

Speedydub

« Reply #25 on: 20 December 2003, 16:14 »
Dude, I am most jealous!!!!! And them wheels are ace :)

Good luck with it, keep us all updated with pics!!

Jen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 07 February 2004, 00:21 »
hi been busy got roof  on new rear panel cage all welderd up looking nice engines in.been toying with idea running on lpg witch will make it easyer for me to get running .it sits very low now with the engine in.still not shore about the floor yet,use tvr floor or have a ally floor getting down to fidlee bits now got some more pics just need to down size them first.see you all later      jo  p.s.knightrider  havent forgot about  sizers for windows just not needed yet; much apricated :-\ ;D

kniterider

« Reply #27 on: 07 February 2004, 15:31 »
no probs matey , glad to hear all is going well!!!, my email is kniterider1974@msn.com so when you need windows making give me a shout with sizes!!! ;D

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #28 on: 13 February 2004, 20:56 »
wheres the power gonna go to? front or rear wheel drive?

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 13 February 2004, 22:02 »
rear wheels got seats tonight recaro just need to get them trimed steering colums in pedal box is in brake lines are also in & plumed up need to heat proof the tunnel so the it dosent catch fire started to fibreglass the floorpan to body its all comming together now had to scrap the dash i made ;but got somthing else in mind still dont no wot coulor to paint it ???