Author Topic: MOD FOR MK6 SECTION  (Read 12835 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: MOD FOR MK6 SECTION
« Reply #60 on: 30 December 2010, 09:00 »
From what I read in there, there is very little in the way of general conversation. At some point or another one of the mk6 chaps will have a dig at someone else.

At least Doc comes out and talks to the general forum population. Think the only other two that do are VW KEV and Steve.

Slick I do try to get about around here , but the Mrs is killing me thinks i'm having an afair on here :grin:

well stop seding me the naked pictures then  :rolleyes:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: MOD FOR MK6 SECTION
« Reply #61 on: 30 December 2010, 16:27 »
Theres sarcasm this threads funny
But so full of mis-information :tongue: So i will bite.  :evil: :wink:
Stress of spending every penny you have to beat the neighbours, then realising that the paint on the bumper is slightly dappled, and no one bothered spraying your spare wheel well?
Every penny PMSL nope. I did expect them to spray certain parts yes, i sort of took it as a given that wing edges, underbody would be painted not just primed :smiley:  :tongue:
Beating neighbours thats so funny, :grin: my neighbours they are hells angle type bikers that look like zz-top so my transport has too many wheels. :grin: My 02 daihatsu sh!tbox with a bent drivers door with duck tape on it is what sits on my drive :tongue:

I bought the golf mk6 to keep it 10years+ (hopefully) and so i had expected things to be finished off better in certain areas yes. As they are on other makes, i assumed too much and as they say assumption is the mother of all f**kups...  :tongue: I thought what i assumed wrong should be brought to the attension of people maybe looking to buy a new mk6. :tongue: I thought informing them of this information may be a good idea. :tongue:
 If your just using it as a company car or transport for a year or 2 on a lease and change cars regular fine but if your looking at long term ownership its an issue that people i thought needed to know. Just look at how many mk5's now have rusty wings or replaced wings at less than 5 years old because of it.  :wink: I guess informing and helping people is not what a forums about :tongue:

Another way of looking at this showoff to neighbours that often gets said about newish cars is how about taking a look at modding threads of old cars. Whos showing off and basically saying mines better then yours? :wink: :tongue:
Or they amount of money they lose just taking delivery of the car! :rolleyes:
Depends when it was bought :tongue: When i got mine and also ones from 09 Because of the goood discount level then, 3.5% price rises twice a year since plus other price rises due to bad exchange rates, short supply, the VAT rises you could get more than you paid for it :tongue: 
Mk6 owners, just like sensative mk3 owners but more debt  :smiley:
  :evil: Not all of us some of us have no dept :tongue:
« Last Edit: 30 December 2010, 18:06 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.