Author Topic: One touch opening query  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
One touch opening query
« on: 10 August 2008, 10:03 »
I've enabled one touch opening from ther key fob on several MKIV's without any problem

had a look at doing my mate's yesterday and when i went to change the software coding instead of showing 00064 for the 3 door it showed 00000

what's the reason for this?

in the end i didn't attempt to change it in case it caused further problems.  we previously had a problem when i ran a full scan and the keyfob lost its sync with the car - managed to get it working again.

Running fully registered 805 VCDS - are there any known bugs with this release?

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Re: One touch opening query
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2008, 22:13 »
Ridg did one touch opening with my car yesterday so maybe he could help...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2008, 08:32 »
Ridg did one touch opening with my car yesterday so maybe he could help...

i can do it its just its the first time i've come across this particular problem with it not showing the pre-set code

Offline Dubbz

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2008, 11:14 »
The fella that came out to fit my cruise control tried to enable one touch opening and he couldn't do it  :cry: but he did mange to do the beep for the alarm.
When Nick from Rtech came to do my remap he wasnt able to do that  :cry: "something about K-line data is getting power feedback from the dash cluster PCB as a result of the retro fit CC"

2002 TDI se 100bhp-ish Auto/tip Black Magic. :cool:

Offline vRStu

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2008, 23:27 »
If you have 0000 it probably means the controller isn't coded.

Try setting up the correct code for the spec of car using the helper shout box or lookup the label file.  If it doesn't work as it should then return it back to how you found it.

As for the CC & K-Line issue, I've not heard of anything like that before, it's normally caused by an aftermarket head unit incorrectly wired.
Stu