Author Topic: THE ENGAGEMENT RING (1991 PEARL GREY) 8valve  (Read 15432 times)

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
Re: THE ENGAGEMENT RING (1991 PEARL GREY) 8valve
« Reply #20 on: 11 June 2013, 23:28 »
Radio wasnt working so I went to investigate the wiring, I thought it may have just been a wire off or fuse or something but this wonderful mess greeted me behind it  :-o , needless to say I left it alone and will rip it all out and go again in due course....

Rear bumper slider is broken on the left hand side and its sagging, so onto ebay and ordered this from X4MGS, the guy gets some stick over the forums for his prices but I cant fault him, I ordered on Sunday night and had it Wednesday morning, for a €10er delivered Im not complaining...theres a few youtube videos on how to go about chopping and removing the old one etc

I put up a wanted ad looking for the rubber booths to run cables for the speakers, windows and mirrors from the fotwell to the door and a member of my local forum (MouseyGTi) had these knocking about and stuck them in the post to me.......Cheers Thomas.......I now have everything to complete the puzzle...

Sunny Day, clean and polish and treat plastics

some people you meet in life leave footprints on your heart, others make you want to leave a footprint on their face!

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 12 April 2014, 00:16 »
The RM's

some people you meet in life leave footprints on your heart, others make you want to leave a footprint on their face!

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 12 April 2014, 00:18 »
just a small update, lobbed in the battery bag

A "LOT" MORE TO FOLLOW SOON including a little tickle in the business end   \:D/

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?133418-Toyotec-s-How-to-install-an-ABF-engine-in-your-Mk2-Golf-Revisit-of-KJet-car-180610

:lol:

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 12 April 2014, 00:18 »
Another Ebay win (the little things)

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 12 April 2014, 00:19 »
More Ebay Shopping  :oops:
Sprung Folding Grab Handles.(191 857 607)

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 12 April 2014, 00:21 »
Collected my Mk3 ABF yesterday morning, genuine 65k miler with service history, not in bad shape at all, hole in the passenger floor small patches here and there i opened the driver rear electric window and it wouldnt go back up so i bastardised the door and that window will never open electrically again haha, shame to break it up, but all i want from it is the engine and front end loom.......

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #26 on: 12 April 2014, 07:44 »
Looks like a great job was carried out on the roof swap and definitely deserves that ABF lump.  :smiley: