Author Topic: Neo Badnesses mk2 ABF 16v project  (Read 41987 times)

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Neo Badnesses mk2 16v project
« Reply #10 on: 18 February 2011, 00:00 »
So that's about 4months crammed into a few posts. Got further but my other thread is broken so can't anymore pic's just now.

Cheers for looking

NB :smiley:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2011, 00:02 »
nice instant project :grin:

chasing rot sounds far to familiar :rolleyes:

good stuff

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2011, 00:53 »
very nicely done, ive been doing similar recently, havent got as far as welding yet.

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2011, 21:59 »
 It's bit rough around the edges but think I can make it look even better.

Believe it or not this is not a screen grab from "finding the Titanic", this is what was behind the passenger wing. I, again, forgot to get pic's, inner sill is ok but outer has seen better days. Rust treated for time being.

Drivers side, not so bad but still going to replace the outer sill on this one, inner sill is still solid.

Helped the other half with collecting this wee beauty, makes me question faffing about with rusty old mk2's tbh.

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #14 on: 18 February 2011, 22:04 »
Wee update, being held up by misplacing the pipe flaring tool and the one I ordered still hasn't arrived :bang:

But i the interim I have treated and stonechipped the inner wing(s)

Looking a little less search for the Titanic, still will do for now until I get the end cap to replace the missing one

Test fitted my wings, as you can see I'm going for an E30 M3 inspired look, suffice to say there will be some "fettling" required.

Right, spot the difference round... Should tighten up the handling if/when I get to drive it.

Rear all smoothed, no too bad for being in the grittiest dusty workshop in the land

Carrying on with the tidying up the rest of it

New bushes in their temopary home until I break the oxy out as I'm being defeated by the rusty bolts. Will need to find a responsible adult to supervise me though. Broke the other 13mm despite being uber delicate

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #15 on: 18 February 2011, 22:05 »
Right, haven't been able to get up to the lock up due to the slightly inclement weather, well I got all the way there and then thought. It was a nightmare to get up here and it's still snowing, how will I get back? Stopped to help a few folks who were stuck but decided to knock it on the head, drove home and got proper stuck outside my carpark :erm: Feds and a group of guys helped push me free, Karmic balance restored. :cool:

So what I did last night..

Old with the new

Shiney shiney new brake lines and flexies. All going swimmingly...

Aw, B@stard B0llocks Bugg3r and fcuk...

In case you are wondering that is penetrating fluid and had been soaked previously, used all the techniques, still snapped though.

So started drilling it out

Got bored drilling it out and found one of these lurking at the back of the lock up in a kinda Blue Peter stylee.

This is now fitted up, just need to get the system flushed out and topped off with some off this stuff

And we're back in the game...

All unions copper greased to ease removal in future. Think I'll paint up calipers to match come summer time but for now I just want working brakes. Will recondition other calipers and either punt or keep as spares.

Cheers for looking, more when weather clears up.

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2011, 22:07 »
Found this in my toolbox, yup that IS ice...

drip from the ceiling onto inner wing, gotta love leaks and winter...

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2011, 22:08 »
Had a look at them on the car and have decided to go in a differnt direction but here's a look at what might have been.

Think my original idea will look a infinitely cooler and as yet haven't seen a set done like it.[/quote]

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #18 on: 18 February 2011, 22:09 »
Still laid up but you can't keep a good Dubber down. Was rummaging in the spare room and happened across this.

Decided to smooth it out and turned it into this

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #19 on: 18 February 2011, 22:14 »
Okay, so it maybe is the starter :(  Making a whirring sound but not starting, tried bump starting it but no joy

Trial fitted a wing and got the gap down from 2nautical miles to about a half. Still need to dig out the Optima though

Also meant to say, the Golf lives.....

Combination of new starter motor (the cog on the old one was spinning freely) and freshly charged battery (cheers Dad)

Car startered no problem at all, it's a Christmas miracle :D

So that's the car starting, brakes bled. Hopefully got a new radiator in the offing to replaced the decidedly battered one that is in there just now.

Now trim/ fettle passenger wing to fit.

Delete remaining trim holes on Passenger rear and Drivers side, remove the spare wiper hole.

Replace the rear hatch.

remove the front carpet, replace sill and patch or replace passenger floor pan.

Paint all the new bits of metal

Fit new passenger door

Plus all the bits I'm forgetting....

But defo a morale boost getting it fired up...