Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529270 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1820 on: 08 July 2018, 21:40 »
Sometimes I forget about it the move the wrong way  :shocked: :shocked:  :shocked: Not clumsy this time. I was racing at Rockingham and the rider in front cut across and put his rear mech though my front spokes  :angry:.

I did manage to get the Tig washed this afternoon, with a very little amount of 'help' from my lad.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1821 on: 12 July 2018, 14:01 »
Lovely cool overcast morning today, ideal for a wash so what did I do? Exactly, waited until the sun came out :rolleyes: Still, much cooler than it has been. Although it was mostly dusty, no dirt except brake dust on the front wheels, I still gave it a good snowfoam after a lengthy rinse with the pressure washer. A wash with my usual Gtechniq shampoo (also seem to be getting on better with their citrus snowfoam too, good stuff) rinse and dry. As far as I remember, the last time it had a wax was either September or October last year, yet it still beads water well although that could be down to using a QD. Gave it one coat with my new Finish Kare Pink Wax. Easy to apply and buffed off very easily, then a final buff with the lovely Dodo Juice Fantastic Fur mf which I'd thoroughly recommend, it really does get that extra depth to the shine :smiley:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1822 on: 12 July 2018, 17:33 »
Sometimes I forget about it the move the wrong way  :shocked: :shocked:  :shocked: Not clumsy this time. I was racing at Rockingham and the rider in front cut across and put his rear mech though my front spokes  :angry:.

I did manage to get the Tig washed this afternoon, with a very little amount of 'help' from my lad.

Ouch Simon!  Yes I can imagine the apathy of a teenage boy when faced with a car to clean.  Maybe he’ll grow into it.  :grin:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1823 on: 12 July 2018, 17:33 »
Beautiful Watts!  Worth scorching in the sun for.   :cool:

Good to hear your liking your choice of products and the very aptly named DJ Fantastic Fur.  Really is the difference for that final hi-shine buff!
« Last Edit: 12 July 2018, 17:35 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1824 on: 12 July 2018, 18:18 »
Beautiful Watts!  Worth scorching in the sun for.   :cool:

Good to hear your liking your choice of products and the very aptly named DJ Fantastic Fur.  Really is the difference for that final hi-shine buff!

Thanks :smiley: The fantastic fur was a great recommendation, thanks, it would be worth it a twice the price although that might have kept my hands away from my wallet :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1825 on: 13 July 2018, 08:28 »
Plus 1 Peter looking well :-)
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1826 on: 13 July 2018, 10:06 »
Plus 1 Peter looking well :-)

Cheers Neil :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1827 on: 13 July 2018, 13:46 »
Very nice Watts  :wink: ......DJFF sounds interesting, has anyone tried the AutoFinesse Aqua Deluxe?..feels fantastic but mine leaves very small fibres on bodywork? I did wash it first before using as I'd read this was recommended but its put me off using it at moment :undecided:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1828 on: 13 July 2018, 21:54 »
Very nice Watts  :wink: ......DJFF sounds interesting, has anyone tried the AutoFinesse Aqua Deluxe?..feels fantastic but mine leaves very small fibres on bodywork? I did wash it first before using as I'd read this was recommended but its put me off using it at moment :undecided:

Cheers :smiley: I haven't tried the AF, looking at these reviews it seems to be a common problem - https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/auto-finesse-aqua-deluxe-drying-towel
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1829 on: 14 July 2018, 14:40 »
Thanks for the link, it does seem to be fairly common, not what you want from drying towel having something else to remove?!  :sad: