Author Topic: Porshe 911 Turbo- Detailed  (Read 3133 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Porshe 911 Turbo- Detailed
« on: 15 February 2009, 18:33 »
Hello guys

Today I have the privelage to post up the detail of an amazing piece of machinary.

Last week I detailed a Porsche 911 Turbo. Some basic info:

0-100 in 3.4 seconds (Fastest Porsche ever)
Colour: Reflex Silver
Model: 2001
Owner: Daddy

My dad had the car for about a month before I got home from my holiday away and begged me to give it some love. I obliged and the detail started early in the morning.

I started off with degreasing the wheels using a product called prepsol cleaner. Rather gay in pink and rose scented but worked well. Arches were degreased and so were the door hinges and rubber seals etc.

I then foamed the car down and allowed it to soak for a while. Car was then jetwashed and dried using a microfibre cloth.
I then attacked the paintwork that was in rather good condition with minimal swirlies even under the halogens.

I used Meguirs NXT Polish.
Waxed with Bilt Hamber Auto Balm.
Tyres Sealed with Tyre Sealant (No sh*t Sherlock)
All the arches were sprayed with a product we stock that moisturises the plastic and deep treats it.
Windows waxed with Bilt Hamber.

All this was done by hand as my dad didnt want me using the orbital on the car...

The interior was then deep cleaned.

Leather treated.
Plastics deep treated.
Carpets foamed down and vacuumed.

Note to self: Next time send the brother in the back to clean the glass... I can get in but getting out is a different story...

The interior then had a odor killer go off for ten minutes to clean out the filters and seats etc.

Eight hours later my dad arrived home and found this on his driveway:

And the car now very comfortable next to the GTi.

My thoughts on the car:

This is a tough one as I have always felt that the GTi was blistering fast... But after experiencing this I must say the GTi feels a tad slower now. Dont get me wrong the GTi still chucks but this is a whole new league of badness. I love it.

Overtake 6 cars in a row on a up hill. Its crazy fast and in the corners the G's are so hectic. It just sticks and sticks.... In the controversial words of Jeremy Clarkson (Albeit altered):

Accelerate, accelerate turn turn drive over a M5 accelerate accelerate kill a Audi RS4....

Or in the words of my father:

With this car all you do is point and squirt an if required try not to giggle too much.

The car is also very technical. It needs to be put on charge or the battery goes flat within 3 days. It needs to have the exact amount of oil and if you dont put a seatbelt on the entire dash wont work....

I completely love the technical aspects of the car... The technology is steps ahead of most cars of its time and the whole Porsche vibe is amazing with people waving and how every Porsche driver knows the other.

In general. I love it.

Hope you guys found this interesting and informative.

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Porshe 911 Turbo- Detailed
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2009, 18:46 »
I want so much.

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2009, 19:25 »
mmmmm i want one  :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: great detailing there to looks the dogs
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2009, 19:29 »
Thanks guys.

Glad you like it :smiley:

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline K666PDP

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2009, 19:50 »
boss at work has a custom RUF white porsche gt3rs lashings of carbon fibre with black forged 19"'s and yellow callipered ceramic brakes on a late 2008 '58' plate cost him close to £150k ...............the total dogs nads

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2009, 14:19 »
Cheers Mike,

I've been waiting for that for a while :cool:

Lovely car in a lovely colour......and the Porsche isn't bad either :grin:

Good detailing write up and skills too. :smiley:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2009, 15:29 »
I want one  :drool:

If I cant have the car ill settle for the brakes  :drool: :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2009, 18:20 »
Thanks guys :smiley:

Hurdy- Is it just me or can we now officially claim that reflex silver is the fastest colour? :kiss: :laugh:

Join our group now!