Author Topic: cd changer wiring  (Read 4909 times)

Offline vaughn

• I live here
  • now team wagon, and team grumpy trainee
cd changer wiring
« on: 05 October 2003, 10:35 »
wondering if anyone can help. i have a 2001 gti with a single cd player fitted as standard, i want to put a 6 disk changer in the boot, and have heard this model is already pre-wired to take a changer. could anyone confirm this and also tell me where the plug is in the boot                  
                       regards gti89

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline modulater

• I live here
Re:cd changer wiring
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2003, 00:25 »
I think the newer models have the wiring in place. normally down the left hand side of the car. open the boot and see if you have a cubby hole on the left panel. I think it goes there. A TT and an Audi A4 I have seen had them on the left side of the car.

Have a look and see.

Offline Merc

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2003, 15:19 »
Ok, I'm stupid...what's the "boot" and by left side of the car; is that left side if you're correctly sitting inside the car. (I know...I'm over detailed, but I want to be sure I do it right the first time.) I'm new to all of this. ;D

Offline sKrEwBaLL

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2003, 15:29 »
C'mon mate... if you dont know what the "boot" is, you shouldnt be driving   :o

Offline Slim Shady

• Here all the time
  • Thrash her like a ginger step child
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2003, 15:30 »
do hatchbacks have boots?

Offline Slim Shady

• Here all the time
  • Thrash her like a ginger step child
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2003, 15:30 »
and shurley it's N/S and O/S

when it comes to brum-brums

Left and right indeed!!!!!

;D

Offline Merc

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 31 October 2003, 15:48 »
Well, I know that their is a boot that covers the CV joint, but I hardly think that is were I'm going to mount a CD changer. I didn't understand  a bit of the N/S ...O/S...brum brum...and what not... I'm from the states...and while i think the your "lingo" is cool...I don't understand it... not to offend anyone. All I want is a little Help...Pretty Please... ;D

Offline sKrEwBaLL

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 31 October 2003, 15:57 »
Our boot is your trunk.  Near side is left as you are driving and off side is right.  Sorry buddy, didnt realise you were a yank!  ::)

kniterider

« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2003, 15:57 »
didnt have any factory wiring in my 1999 gti, open near your 1st aid compartment and have a nosey about if there aint any plugs i assume these no factory wiring, i got a sony 6 disk changer and interface and ran the leads up the left hand side of the car under the carpet and it plugged straigh into the back of my vw gamma raido cassette (which i wanted to keep as it matches all the dash lighting etc), if your fitting one of these youll have to unplug your single cd unit (if you have gamma and single cd above) to plug the changer in, id ditch the single unit and get the cubby hole bit to fit in its place, about ?15 from vw, hope this is of some kind of help

Offline sKrEwBaLL

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2003, 15:59 »
Oh dear.  I think there may be some words in there that will confuse.  Cubby hole is one for sure  :o