Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627337 times)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1110 on: 11 December 2013, 01:02 »
Fitted my winter rims, 18" Monzas and Hankook winter tyres  :smiley:

^^ they look really good on your car. Great to have a set of winters that keep up the looks  :cool:

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1111 on: 11 December 2013, 01:03 »
For my car...I did a 200 mile round trip to the East coast and it's come back looking very very dirty  :sick:  :shocked:

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1112 on: 16 December 2013, 23:43 »
With the help of Exonian from here fitted RNS 510 and had my 1st look at VCDS, changed lots of things then car wouldn't start, loads of warning lights the start solenoid clicking fast but not starting, did a scan apparently took a long time nearly everything red, me starting to panic.... Jump leads Andy suggests, just a little low on battery power she lives! (with a massive sigh of relief) lol
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1113 on: 17 December 2013, 08:04 »
Booked it in for some paint  :angry:

One of the dogs at a house that my wife goes to made a great job of scratching the rear bumper a couple of weeks ago. I managed to machine polish most of it out with the exception of a couple of places where it had gone right through. Washing the car on Sunday, the pressure washer got under the edge and started peeling the clear coat off.  :angry:

I had my suspicions that this bumper had been painted before. The way the clear is just peeling away has confirmed that. On the bright side, I'll know it will be done properly this time. 
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1114 on: 17 December 2013, 09:12 »
Booked it in for some paint 

One of the dogs at a house that my wife goes to made a great job of scratching the rear bumper a couple of weeks ago. I managed to machine polish most of it out with the exception of a couple of places where it had gone right through. Washing the car on Sunday, the pressure washer got under the edge and started peeling the clear coat off.  :angry:

I had my suspicions that this bumper had been painted before. The way the clear is just peeling away has confirmed that. On the bright side, I'll know it will be done properly this time. 

The ledge of my boot is scratched to pieces from careless family members dragging suitcases out, instead of lifting them, as instructed  :angry:  Hoping most of these will polish out.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1115 on: 20 December 2013, 14:48 »
Helped to put the rear of my car back together in the bodyshop and did a little bit of fine detailing with the polisher whilst it was under some very unforgiving lights.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #1116 on: 20 December 2013, 14:53 »

The ledge of my boot is scratched to pieces from careless family members dragging suitcases out, instead of lifting them, as instructed  :angry:  Hoping most of these will polish out.

That pisses me off no end. My new rule is i will remove anything from the boot. Suits everyone!

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1117 on: 21 December 2013, 16:58 »
Decided to pop to the cash point and in the process restyled my front left alloy using the kerb  :angry:
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1118 on: 21 December 2013, 19:42 »

That pisses me off no end. My new rule is i will remove anything from the boot. Suits everyone!

J

I know what you mean, but then you look a maniac rushing in to get them out quickly  :grin:

You can get the those clear plastic stickers to put across the top, they're good.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1119 on: 21 December 2013, 20:32 »

J
I know what you mean, but then you look a maniac rushing in to get them out quickly  :grin:

You can get the those clear plastic stickers to put across the top, they're good.

Lol.  My partner thinks I'm a maniac when it comes to the car.  Endured much piss taking today when I took a 2 mile detour to avoid the giant puddle (ford) that forms across a local rural road when it rains. :rolleyes:    I don't care!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11