Author Topic: Wazzzer's 1.8T... Lots of updates  (Read 191765 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... custom clocks fitted!!
« Reply #370 on: 04 August 2012, 20:50 »
Haha - decided against it - sounds like there's a lot of educationally sub-normal drunks down there.  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... custom clocks fitted!!
« Reply #371 on: 04 August 2012, 21:13 »
They look really nice :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #372 on: 04 August 2012, 22:14 »
Wow.... Another job well done. They look great.

I envy you a little... I spend most of my time having a golf that demands continual love to keep me interested, where as with yours it seems to be more about adding new parts, customising and modifying things that keeps your spark alive.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #373 on: 04 August 2012, 22:46 »
Yes DH there were a few names mentioned...  :rolleyes:

I'm not camping up there, I refuse to sleep in a tent if I can just drive a few miles down the road and jump in my bed

Thanks for the comments guys. Shaun - yeah it's one of the reasons I went for a newer car over an older one. I did have a mk2 in mind before we bought this but I just didn't need the hassle of constantly listening for faults etc and generally being paranoid. Not to say the mk4 hasn't had it's fair share of factory faults to sort out

In other news, I've entered the Golf in the modified show and shine tomorrow. I actually washed/waxed it today and the paint looked lovely in the sun. Saw a few people taking photos of it which made my day  :smiley:

Will let you know the results tomorrow :afro:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #374 on: 04 August 2012, 22:51 »
I know what your saying, luckily for me these days this is not my daily.  It was once and so was the Alpine white before it.  Couldn't do it now.  :grin:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #375 on: 04 August 2012, 22:53 »
If I had a drive/garage it's the first thing I'd buy, especially driving about with my mates small bumper valver today. Sounds and looks lovely  :kiss:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... custom clocks fitted!!
« Reply #376 on: 19 August 2012, 21:08 »
fitted my boost gauge back on the steering column with an offset pod, looks loads better

The view of the clocks isn't as restricted as it looks as the camera was closer than my head ever is lol

Also changed the illuminated needles so the faces also light up with them. I still know my lights aren't on as the clock/mileage displays don't light up until they're on :afro:

My oil gauge is being sent back for a replacement as I've noticed the gauge face shows light through it when it's dark :sad:

Should have a new one through soon :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... column pod is back...
« Reply #377 on: 19 August 2012, 21:35 »
Looks good.  :cool:

What's with all that weird frosting on the oil gauge?  I know you said light was shining through but that looks bad.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... column pod is back...
« Reply #378 on: 19 August 2012, 21:52 »
Cheers mate. As for the gauge, it's the black face, I think it's kinda peeled or something like that. Boost gauge from the same company is spot on so must just be a rogue one (I hope)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... column pod is back...
« Reply #379 on: 20 August 2012, 09:39 »
Boost gauge looks spot on in the offset pod.