Author Topic: Wazzzer's 1.8T... Lots of updates  (Read 191678 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... throttle stop adjusted
« Reply #360 on: 28 July 2012, 15:01 »
Just means the throttle butterfly is a little bit less restrictive as it's near enough at 90° so will be flat.

The comfort indicators blink 3 times when you flick the stalk, good for quick signals on the motorway etc

Necessity for the Isle of Wight   :grin:  :kiss:  :laugh:

:grin:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... throttle stop adjusted
« Reply #361 on: 28 July 2012, 15:11 »
for when I go on the motorway you clown  :rolleyes:

Anyways answer your texts :kiss:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Re: Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... throttle stop adjusted
« Reply #362 on: 29 July 2012, 11:45 »
for when I go on the motorway you clown  :rolleyes:

Anyways answer your texts :kiss:

Its ready when you are  :afro:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #363 on: 29 July 2012, 11:57 »
Nice one mate, missus has just popped out so as soon as she's back I'll come up

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #364 on: 29 July 2012, 17:53 »
Comfort indicators and WMI tank float switch fitted, pics to follow  :wink:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #365 on: 30 July 2012, 09:53 »
Love this car, very unique detail and touches.  :cool:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #366 on: 31 July 2012, 19:24 »
Thanks buddy  :cool:

Had a go at fitting my vents all back in place today to make it all look neat again and.... I broke my Bora centre vent  :cry:

Wasn't strictly all me though, the place I bought the vents from had broken all the tabs along the top that hold the vents to the faceplate so it kept coming apart when I tried to fit them back in. I then got the arse and tried to pull them back out but they were caught on one corner  :angry:

After a quick think I remembered Baxxy having a centre vent for sale which needed a bit of TLC, a quick PM and it's on its way to me. I'm making a good set out of the two lol :wink:

Here's a few pics of the float switch fitted. It was leaking a tiny bit since I fitted it but I checked today and it's stopped :afro:

This switch works in the reverse of the devils own version; once the float falls level it will create a connection giving me a warning light on the controller. The devils own version needs to fall to a 45 degree angle to create the connection. This means I can fit the version I have lower in the tank wall. Also it looks like it's fitted on an angle as my tank is fitted on the back seats  :nerd:

Gonna try and muck about with VAG TACHO tomorrow and see if I can code in the new clocks :cool:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... broken Bora vent...
« Reply #367 on: 04 August 2012, 11:45 »
Clocks are in!!!

Had to fit a different wiper stalk as my original had no controls for the MFD and also add the wires needed to control it. This was the worst bit as the airbag, steering wheel, ring gear, stalk retainer and finally stalks had to come off  :shocked:

After this was all back in I started on the green mutiplug. I had to run four new wires to this to add the controls and the outside temp sensor

Very fiddly job as VW fit blanks to the spare slots meaning you have to pick them out first :angry:

Put the new clocks in and coded them to my keys, then added miles to empty and illuminated needles

This is the result

I absolutely love them :afro:

Just got to change the position of my boost gauge now, I hate it in the vent lol

I've bought an offset column mount pod so I'll fit that this weekend

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... custom clocks fitted!!
« Reply #368 on: 04 August 2012, 13:35 »
Not going to V-Dub Island then?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... custom clocks fitted!!
« Reply #369 on: 04 August 2012, 15:43 »
Yes mate, just out at the White Moose, heading up there in a mo