Author Topic: Wazzzer's 1.8T... Lots of updates  (Read 192093 times)

Offline thatwillis

• I live here
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... US rear lights fitted...
« Reply #80 on: 28 December 2010, 00:01 »
Those wheels are looking brill. There is something very satisfying about the finished article after all that hard work sanding.  :smiley:

Are they going on your car when you have finished refurbishing them?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #81 on: 28 December 2010, 10:42 »
Cheers mate. Yeah they'll be going on around March time when the road salt has washed away a bit

Will chuck them on for a few pics once they're done though :wink:

Need to investigate my slow puncture on one of my rear wheels that are on there now, if all else fails I'll have to get a new one while they're off the car

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #82 on: 01 January 2011, 21:00 »
DSG intake parts and some new exhaust hangers for the back

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #83 on: 06 January 2011, 21:35 »
Been sorting out another VW design error this week which has been fun. Been noticing my rear washer jet following the wiper recently so I knew the pipe inside had broken, but what I wasn't expecting was the pipe to come off and soak my boot latch knackering the switch. So no boot light, and no rear wiper. All the parts to fix this came to a little over £90  :shocked:

Anyways after that nasty shock I've got all the parts needed to fix this, ALL of them being revised from the originals on the car :rolleyes:

The boot liner showing evidence of the leak

the motor rusting from the inside due to the leak

New parts ready for fitting

I've also been busy on another wheel, it's etch primed and ready for some filler primer either tomorrow or Monday

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... more bits to fix...
« Reply #84 on: 06 January 2011, 23:55 »
Bit of a pain that... good job you spotted it when you did... not something I would want to be paying out £90 for, why was it so expensive... did you buy all new parts!?

yey.. another wheel, getting there..  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #85 on: 07 January 2011, 07:08 »
Yeah just the wiper motor alone was £60, £80 if I'd bought it from VW though! No point getting a 2nd hand motor, it would only happen again

I know it's slow with the wheels but half hour each day isn't a lot when I've go to eat as well lol

Will get as much done before the baby arrives, got about 10 days!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #86 on: 07 January 2011, 12:20 »
Yeah just the wiper motor alone was £60, £80 if I'd bought it from VW though! No point getting a 2nd hand motor, it would only happen again

I know it's slow with the wheels but half hour each day isn't a lot when I've go to eat as well lol

Will get as much done before the baby arrives, got about 10 days!

So in about 10 days time this thread is going to die for a while then!

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #87 on: 07 January 2011, 13:03 »
Probably where the wheels are concerned as I've booked 2 weeks off so won't be doing them.

I don't think there's much else I need to it while I'm off, typical lol

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #88 on: 07 January 2011, 15:37 »
Probably where the wheels are concerned as I've booked 2 weeks off so won't be doing them.

I wouldn't worry, 10ish days or so you wont even have time to sleep!  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #89 on: 07 January 2011, 16:59 »
My first daughter had really bad colic so I know the worst it can be and I'm prepared  :grin:

Since I typed that the ignition amp has given up so I'm under orders to sort it before she has the other one  :cry: :grin: