Author Topic: ACC?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: ACC?
« Reply #10 on: 07 August 2019, 16:52 »
Also, I may be mistaken, but I think if you disable it in the menus, it is only until you turn the car off? Maybe I'm wrong

Nope, permanent.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 07 August 2019, 17:00 »
Maneuver braking... it comes on if its in park mode... did you reverse out of the parking space by any chance?

Park mode doesn't come off until either you press the button or exceed something like 15mph.

Up until then, if the ultrasonic parking sensor spot something and it thinks you're gonna hit it.... crunch on come the brakes.

It can and does spot the road surface when you come down steep slopes... like my friend's driveway...

You can disable braking in the menus if you want... I'd recommend that you don't.

I was pulling out of the dealers forward. Was definitely under 15 mph as I was looking at a mk2 oak green gti that must have been in for servicing. I git out and had a good look around, nothing but the road surface. Felt under the splitter and no damage at all.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 07 August 2019, 17:04 »
It feels like you have scrapped the front/back end when it kicks in. Been there, done that!

Using the ultrasonic sensors it can be fooled by all sorts of things too and if you are genuinely heading for a collision it sometimes is not fast enough to react either!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2019, 17:21 »
I might be lucky, but I’ve never had this operate when it couldn’t be excused for thinking a collision was a possibility. Whatever, I wouldn’t consider turning it off. Anything that could save injury or damage in a moment of distraction is invaluable. Set up for city traffic queues, where it is probably most reliable.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 07 August 2019, 17:25 »
Park assist braking is different to front assist... which is different to ACC...