Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 153245 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95
« Reply #970 on: 20 April 2012, 17:57 »
I wish I could stack up goodies like this for a future project.  :drool: :cool:

Haha you honestly don't :D my room's worse than my garage atm! But on other news taking my block in next week to get skimmed and re-honed if need be :)

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #971 on: 25 April 2012, 10:09 »
Didnt realise you had got so far with this.
I have a few questions as were doing similar things.

1)How thee cocking hell did you hold the crankshaft while trying to get the pulley bolt off?Ive had an inch drive windy gun on it and no joy!
2)Can you have a word with your scottish mate and get me a price for doing my head please.(i will strip it but want it porting polishing and new valve guides putting in)
3)Who is Joerg as i require a full pulley set like your cs pulley.
4)Are you getting your engine dipped locally?Nearest i can find is bloody Northampton!

I will be watching this.Look forward to seeing you at the pod  :evil:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #972 on: 25 April 2012, 10:10 »
infact cockit im off in the garage to strip mine now  :grin:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #973 on: 25 April 2012, 12:56 »
Didnt realise you had got so far with this.
I have a few questions as were doing similar things.

1)How thee cocking hell did you hold the crankshaft while trying to get the pulley bolt off?Ive had an inch drive windy gun on it and no joy!
2)Can you have a word with your scottish mate and get me a price for doing my head please.(i will strip it but want it porting polishing and new valve guides putting in)
3)Who is Joerg as i require a full pulley set like your cs pulley.
4)Are you getting your engine dipped locally?Nearest i can find is bloody Northampton!

I will be watching this.Look forward to seeing you at the pod  :evil:

Hahah, need to pull your finger out ;)

1) The crank shaft bolt is a pain in the arse, windy gun didn't have any effect! I put a 1/2" socket extention in the top, just dropped in place and that held it (can get a picture if you want) then got a big ass breaker bar and that cracked it off straight away ;)

2) He prefers to speak to people personally but his name's Dan, nice guy and this is his number - 07772 498471 :)

3) He's just my friend who has collected a few parts when he went over to the US, can get them off US ebay ;)

4) I'm getting it skimmed, re-honed and 'bathed' as they call it at Alex Carrs Engineering, about 5 - 10 mins from me, i still need to take it in to get a quote- http://www.alexcarr.co.uk

infact cockit im off in the garage to strip mine now  :grin:

Hahaha, get it done! :D I'm bored now waiting for some one to give me and my block a lift to alex carrs :sad:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #975 on: 25 April 2012, 14:49 »
There the ones!Nice one mate,bloody good price too!

Well you inspired me so ive just been and stripped the block bare including the crank  :smug: although i now need a waterpump....but i was going to buy one of them anyway ha ha.
Just been decoking the forged pistons and speccing up the rings.Hopefully be able to get them from Mahle but i will wait till the bore is done incase i need oversize pistons.

Thanks for the number i will be in touch with him once i get the head off the other engine so i can see which is best.

What pistons and rods are you going for?

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #976 on: 25 April 2012, 15:10 »
There the ones!Nice one mate,bloody good price too!

Well you inspired me so ive just been and stripped the block bare including the crank  :smug: although i now need a waterpump....but i was going to buy one of them anyway ha ha.
Just been decoking the forged pistons and speccing up the rings.Hopefully be able to get them from Mahle but i will wait till the bore is done incase i need oversize pistons.

Thanks for the number i will be in touch with him once i get the head off the other engine so i can see which is best.

What pistons and rods are you going for?

No worries bud :) and haha the water pump on mine was nackerd too, worth replacing anyway.. look rats :D

Just using the stock pistons and rods (depending on weather i need to go for over sized pistons) i don't see point in going for forged ones unless i'm going over 700 WHP.. the spec of the 700WHP VRT in the US;

Owner:

Tim Mullen
Best E.T.: 9.77
Best MPH: 153

Engine:

12v 2.8 liter VR6
Stock pistons and rods
Stock VR6 head w/ valve springs
TT 288 Camshafts
Clutch Masters Twin Disk Clutch
SQS 4 Speed Dog Gearset
DSS Stage 5 Axles
MT 24.5" Tires on 13" Wheels
M20 Motorsports Intake
Kinetic Exhaust Manifold
Precision 71/75 T4 Turbo
(2)Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps
Bosch 1600cc Fuel Injectors
E85 Fuel

Additional:

Lugnuts Tuned
LugTronic Standalone ECU
Full Custom Harness, Boost Control, Wideband, Pressure Sensors

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #977 on: 25 April 2012, 15:27 »
Thats an impressive but simple spec sheet.
Bet its noisy as f00k with a dog box in it ha ha

Luckily the oversize forged pistons and rods came in mine and are in perfect condition.
Any ideas on your snail of choice yet?
If you dont get your engine down to mateys before the next Rollin Crew meet let me know and i will set off early and take it through with you. :smiley:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #978 on: 25 April 2012, 17:16 »
Thats an impressive but simple spec sheet.
Bet its noisy as f00k with a dog box in it ha ha

Luckily the oversize forged pistons and rods came in mine and are in perfect condition.
Any ideas on your snail of choice yet?
If you dont get your engine down to mateys before the next Rollin Crew meet let me know and i will set off early and take it through with you. :smiley:

Ah as if that's sweet :) you turboing your VR too then i take it?

Not 100% on what turbo i'm going for yet, going to save the money as see what's on the market at the time :) down to mateys? the head to scotland or the block to alex carrs?

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #979 on: 25 April 2012, 17:24 »
The block to alex carrs  :grin:

I dont fancy coming to a meet in Hull and then setting off to bloody Scotland  :grin:
Not sure when the next one is but if you dont get your block to Carrs beforehand gimme a shout and i will come over to Hull earlier and sling it in the boot of her mk4 and take you down there. :cool:

Im going Supercharger route. :wink: