Author Topic: Does anyone else have trouble getting it in?  (Read 2074 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Does anyone else have trouble getting it in?
« on: 11 November 2017, 12:16 »
I bought a Autobrite heavy duty snow foam lance a few months ago to replace my original ( different make) with the Karcher Bayonet connector. I have a Karcher 3.550 pressure washer and just gone to use it and I am buggered if I can make it fit the trigger assembly. I have just looked on the Autobrite website thinking I may have ordered the wrong connector but they only do two types and I definitely don’t have the HDS connector.
Anyone else had this problem or a solution please.
Is there some sort of adapter I need?

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Does anyone else have trouble getting it in?
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2017, 13:01 »
I bought a Autobrite heavy duty snow foam lance a few months ago to replace my original ( different make) with the Karcher Bayonet connector. I have a Karcher 3.550 pressure washer and just gone to use it and I am buggered if I can make it fit the trigger assembly. I have just looked on the Autobrite website thinking I may have ordered the wrong connector but they only do two types and I definitely don’t have the HDS connector.

Can you post a pic of the PW fitment?  Pretty sure a bayonet Karcher connector should fit that.  I have the same snow foam lance with a Karcher connector and a Karcher K4 Full Control PW and it fits fine, but on occasion it’s a struggle, seemingly for no reason. The key is really pressing down the bayonet into the PW lance, then turning.  Sometimes it seems to need more pushing down.

This is the Autobrite connector on mine (red one on left).  Is that what you have?

« Last Edit: 11 November 2017, 13:04 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2017, 13:52 »

Can you post a pic of the PW fitment?  Pretty sure a bayonet Karcher connector should fit that.  I have the same snow foam lance with a Karcher connector and a Karcher K4 Full Control PW and it fits fine, but on occasion it’s a struggle, seemingly for no reason. The key is really pressing down the bayonet into the PW lance, then turning.  Sometimes it seems to need more pushing down.

This is the Autobrite connector on mine (red one on left).  Is that what you have?

Yes. Mine is exactly the same as the one on the left. I’ll give it another go but I suppose the easy answer is to swap the fittings from the old to the new  :undecided:

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2017, 13:54 »
Yeah, just swap that part of the assembly over, it just unscrews so just a quick switch.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2017, 14:13 »
If you’ve got any lithium grease, might be worth smearing a little on the connector. I’ve got the Autobrite
lance with a Nilfsk fitting and initially found it seemed a very tight fit. A little lithium grease and I found it was much easier to connect to my pressure washer.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2017, 14:24 »
Applied a bit of copper grease and with a bit of persuasion it slotted home 👍