Author Topic: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?  (Read 102313 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?
« Reply #20 on: 15 May 2010, 13:11 »
Sorry I know its bad crack to reply to your own post but just thought I'd update with the error codes in case anyone else is googling the error codes.

Rebooting the RNS510 and waiting a minute or 2 until the bluetooth was well established cleared all the codes except:

Address 37: Navigation
01042 - Control Module; Not Coded

01523 - Microphone for Telephone (R38)
            011 - Open Circuit

Address 77: Telephone
Cannot be reached

I presume the first 2 codes are because of the voice control enabled but not actually installed
And the Gateway 77 not reached due to the telephone being a 3rd party add-on i.e. Fiscon.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2010, 13:17 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 15 May 2010, 13:14 »
I hope non of you get stopped by VOSA for a roadside inspection after changing it to MPH  :evil:

Is it legislation for this country?
Anyway there is a tick button option now enabled in the MFD which I hadn't seen before that turns the KMH on and off. Sorted  :grin:

What I'm wondering now is, if the car goes in for a service would VW put the likes of this back to the UK?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #22 on: 15 May 2010, 13:17 »
VW dealer probably won't change it as their lazy.  :grin:
UK law iirc, i could remember it wrong, says you need MPH and KPH shown.

edit: type aproval info

Road Vehicle (Con & Use) Reg 1986 .....that every motor vehicle shall be fitted with a speedometer which, if the vehicle is first used on or after 1st April 1984, shall be capable of indicating speed in both miles per hour and kilometres per hour.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2010, 13:32 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline ErikGTI

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 15 May 2010, 14:32 »
I have all these things standard on my GTI....except the rainclosure......and staging.. :wink:
BTW 2 features I really like but no foreskin dealer wants to add... :sick:

Surely you can't change the colour scheme of your RNS without vag.com?

Nope but I thought you meant from say white to red...(update change)
Ive got green for phone and red for media and blue for nav...
I'LL BEAT YOU TO THE BBC STUDIO........

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #24 on: 15 May 2010, 15:33 »
I would really like to have the dial staging (pointless, but looks really cool :cool:) and the heated seat memory. Can someone give me an idiot's guide to how to do these, so I can take it to my dealer and get it done quickly?

TIA :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #25 on: 15 May 2010, 16:40 »
See the link i posted earlier on this thread
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #26 on: 15 May 2010, 17:08 »

I had a look, but I couldn't see a definitive answer to my question. Can anyone here (i.e. UK/European spec Golf) tell me how to

(a) program the heated seats so that they retain their setting when the engine is switched off and

(b) how to achieve the dial staging thing ?

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #27 on: 15 May 2010, 17:17 »

I had a look, but I couldn't see a definitive answer to my question. Can anyone here (i.e. UK/European spec Golf) tell me how to

(a) program the heated seats so that they retain their setting when the engine is switched off and

(b) how to achieve the dial staging thing ?

a)Address 08 – Auto HVAC:

Drivers heated seat memory
Found in Adaptation. From the drop down list, choose Storage of seat heater level driver. Change to On and Save.

b) VCDS Version 912 beta (does not work with older versions of the program)
Select under 17 Instruments -> 10 adaption -> Staging
and activate.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2010, 17:31 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 15 May 2010, 17:37 »
However the dealer uses an entirely different system and if you get a technician who can't think for himself, those codes will mean nothing. An independent VAG garage would probably have the gear and do it for you for a few sheckles  :wink:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #29 on: 15 May 2010, 17:51 »
Both my local dealers have the official equipment but also Vagcom on labtops  :evil: cheaky so and so's
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI