Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 638 times)

Offline FOREST GREEN

• I live here
Fireworks
« on: 17 August 2011, 09:33 »
OK, so heres last nights efforts, tips for tonight please (and don't say give your camera to someone who knows what they're doing  :laugh: :laugh:)

And a few from during the day............

Thanks

Toby

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2011, 11:04 »
the exposure it pretty much correct, your main problem is you've shot from a boat; you might  as well have shot hand help as the movement from the boat has given everything a blur due to the slow shutter speed.

next tip; set the camera to manual focus as then infinity, this means the fireworks will be in focus as you've capturing the light trails, this also stops the camera hunting for focus and then you missing the shot

next tip; increase the blacks in PP, this will start to remove the smoke on the photos

next tip; get a remote shutter release or use selftimer, even on a topend tripod and head, pressing the shutter release moves the camera again causing ghosting.

lastly, make adjustments as you shoot, there is no set combination for fireworks so it's trial and error as you can't guess what the ambient light is going to be.

couple of my firework shots

_DSC2454 by The Ridg, on Flickr

Edenbridge fireworks display by The Ridg, on Flickr

Edenbridge fireworks display by The Ridg, on Flickr

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2011, 14:45 »
You need to do everything on manual using that camera as its auto function looks pretty rubbish. The exposure in all the non firework shots is waaaay off.