Author Topic: Tyres For Your GTI Whats Best  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Captain Sensible

• GTI forum regular
Tyres For Your GTI Whats Best
« on: 10 February 2010, 15:23 »
Tyres play such a big part in how a car handles , also how much road noise is generated into the cabin. Having cancelled my Monza shadow alloys in favour of a set of BBS – CV’s
http://www.rimstyle.com/products/detail/
I fancied trying a set of Vredestein’s unfortunately the company I will buy the BBS from don’t sell them so I will stick with trusted Michelin and the Pilot Sport tyre. Michelin tend to be more expensive but in my experience last longer than most other makes and are also great on wet roads something that’s important to me living in the West Of Scotland.

Whets your preference and recommendation

Just noticed the link above does not work. Try this one and then click on the Golf to enlarge the picture. Personally I think the Monza shadow wheels look great on a white GTI . However I have ordered mine in Pearl black and think these alloys look good on the golf.

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/detail/?category=wheel_tyre_packages;type=bbs_cv_bs;manufacturer=bbs;model=286;id=BBSCVBS1875755112484812900
« Last Edit: 10 February 2010, 15:29 by Captain Sensible »
On Order Golf GTI 5 Door Manual - Pearl Black - 18' Vision Alloys - Goodyear F1 Asymmetric Tyers - Sunroof - Xenon Lights - Touch Screen Cd Player With Dyneaudio amp and speakers - Folding Wing Mirrors - Dealer Fit - Steel VW kick plates - Front And Rear Mud Flaps - Sill boot protector - Boot liner - 3 year Service Plan - Carpet Matts With GTI Logo And Red Pipping.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: Tyres For Your GTI Whats Best
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2010, 08:49 »

Only just done 3.8k in my golf. No where near time for new rubber yet!

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!