Author Topic: Wazzzer - 1.8T  (Read 144631 times)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer - 1.8T
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2008, 23:37 »
The carriers recieving the first coat of red paint...

and one fitted rear ARB

this was one of the best mods I've ever fitted, I knew a corner were I got loads of understeer and tried it out on that, it felt like the car was on rails  :cool:

One genuine R line bonnet bra

and I ditched my CAI as I was so paranoid about sucking a puddle up and ruining my engine so I fitted this K&N instead (and no I haven't had any MAF problems since!)

An Audi TT 180 short shift lever was sourced and fitted...

and got hold of some spare calipers to paint red to match the carriers

mmmm gold  :sick:

the sliders and guides were also painted gold so these went in the nearest bin

to be replaced with brand new items

and after an hour of paint stripping and wire brushing, we have a caliper that's ready to paint

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #11 on: 07 October 2008, 23:46 »
Gas mark 2 in the oven for half hour to harden the paint on the calipers, I was very popular lol

My HID kit fitted (apologies for the daytime pics, I'll get some night ones eventually

I also fitted the lower bumper intakes

my mate James freshened up my engine cover for me

and I fitted my Beetle Sport door pins (you can just about see the Octavia wheel in there)

I also took some photos of the car after it had been washed

unfortunately I didn't get to polish it as it was too cold

I took it over to JKM in Portsmouth for a Rolling Road shoot out and got myself a figure of 174bhp which I was really chuffed with

one graph...

and a pic of it in the rollers

The handbrake cover fitted

and my ipod cable routed to my armrest

and added some camera foam to keep it in place while driving

a full set of silicone hoses in black dropped through the door along with my braided brake lines

my 312mm brakes and red calipers/carriers fitted...

and a dodgy A/C pressure sensor that p!ssed all my newly acquired fluid everywhere...

and the new one fitted

I fitted my silcone hoses while on an all nighter at work...

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #12 on: 07 October 2008, 23:52 »
my brake hoses wouldn't fit in the clips on the inner wing so they now need modifying...

I also had a word with a remapper ( you know who you are lol) and he suggested getting some AUM injectors and an adjustable FPR for when I am ready to have it remapped so they were sourced and bought

also after cutting my ipod wire in half I modified the hinge on the armrest so it wouldn't happen again

I got myself some imitation R32 radio surround parts, no the real deal but look quite effective

I've finally got myself an intercooler with pipework to fit too. Ebay gave me 20% off everything so it knocked nearly £50 off the price!

I ordered the right banjos for the brake lines so they are now ready to be fitted too

and that's it and up to date for now!

If you have any comments about my Golf please feel free to PM me

More updates soon

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2008, 10:57 »
Another update...

Not done a great deal to it over the last month or so due to lack of spare time but I've been forced to fix one of VW's cock ups from the factory this week.

They had the great idea of using 2 piece metal/plastic clasps to hold the door windows in while they were positioned on the runners. The cable system used is very good and smooth, but unfortunately too powerful for the plastic clasps to cope with and ultimately, they break.

Now you can be lucky and catch it before your window disappears into your door. I wasn't so lucky.

My passenger window spent most of Tuesday sat in the bottom of the door waiting to be fished out.

When I got the door card and the metal backing plate for the window mechanism off, I found one of the clips freshly broken but the other looks like it had been sat there for some time

I had to move the car into the workshop where I work temporarily to make sure it was nice and secure as a bit of tape was the only thing holding my window up now

now I had the plate off I could start removing the old winder and the knackered cables with it

The cables had fouled on each other and bent

A repair kit was ordered from the dealers which comes with 1 piece metal clasps and a new winder which were firtted on to the plate

A close up of the new clasps and the superior design

and where all the old stuff ended up...

while I was there I thought it was a good opportunity to run my cables to the new LED door pin surround I've had kicking about

this will be connected to the drivers feed to mirror the one already there. These will then activate and flash when the doors are locked

I also went over to JKM again to see how my car would fair on their rollers. I got a figure of 165bhp which is 9bhp less than last time. The possible cause of this was my new silicone boost hoses not being done tight enough but I have the aluminium pipes from the FMIC kit to go on so they will be replaced anyways so I'm not too fussed.

Some pics and vids of it on the rollers

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #14 on: 07 November 2008, 21:31 »
My mk5 mirrors are finally here from Germany...

As they are from Europe I can't use the glass that is supplied so these will be going stright on German ebay to fund some blue UK spec mirror glass

This then left me with the dilemma of my wing repeaters as they will be redundant. I managed to find some useful info on the new facelift Sharan; mainly that they used the same front wings as the previous version but with indicators built into the mirrors. They have a blank fitted to the hole in the wing with Sharan written on them so I have bought a set to colour code and fit to the Golf

This is them with some brackets and screws needed for the S3 engine covers that I picked up last month

and the engine covers

If it doesn't rain 2moro I'll fit the window repair kit for the drivers side that I have purchased (as I'm paranoid now) and one of the engine covers

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #15 on: 21 November 2008, 21:54 »
Not much of an update but I've fitted the battery cover...

and I was wondering where I could fit the bonnet sensor temporarily when I had a good idea...

more as it happens

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #16 on: 25 December 2008, 19:58 »
I've now fitted the other engine cover and the 5.5ltr washer bottle (that was a really fun job) and also put the mirrors in for spraying. The drivers side window has also had the repair kit fitted so no more worries there. It was worse than the passenger side!

I'll get a pic of the engine bay as it is now when I go out 2moro.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #17 on: 15 January 2009, 19:25 »
I've just had my mirror caps and indicator blanks back from the sprayers

Just got to fit them now. I'm also in the process of "joeying" some DEPO projector headlights so they look the same as my anni lights, more of that as it happens
« Last Edit: 15 January 2009, 19:33 by Wazzzer »

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #18 on: 17 January 2009, 23:44 »
here's a few pics of what I've been up to with the lights

as they were out of the box

A pic of an anniversary light and projector to show what I'm trying to achieve

I've managed to split the lamp apart and get the surround out ready to paint

I've fitted my HID back into it now and all the bulbs are in too. I'm resealing the lights with some bodykit adhesive I bought to refit my anni sideskirts, it should do the trick

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #19 on: 18 January 2009, 18:28 »
One coat of Halfords finest satin black and here is the result...

I'll add another coat 2moro and it should be done and ready to re-assemble the light and start on the other one. I'll post a pic up of how it looks and compares to the OEM anni light