Author Topic: madone_si - A4 Avant 1.8T RED Quattro  (Read 103477 times)

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
  • Seattle WA, USA and Middlesex, UK
Re: madone_si - A4 Avant 1.8T RED Quattro
« Reply #30 on: 13 February 2012, 00:34 »
Wheels on the car :)

You will also notice I have changed back to standard rear lights too. The all red was fun but not the long term look I want.

Next step is Air ride installation :)
Old Skool Mk1 Golf Gli (82), Mk1 US Cab 85 and 83
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 14 February 2012, 04:23 »
was meant to add this yesterday but forgot!

Audi S-line Badges to match the rest of the badges I have on the car

You can buy these online, just do search via http://www.bing.com for 'Black S-line door Badges'

TIP: The badges should be 50mm from the tip of the rear door moulding to the badge.

Before

After

Other badges on the car

front Badge

Rear Badge

and on Steering wheel (but I am searching for black/red badge for this too)

« Last Edit: 14 February 2012, 04:41 by Madone_si »
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 21 February 2012, 05:19 »
Before I put my wheels on the Audi, I wanted to make sure I protected the wheels. This will help protecting your wheels from brake dust, road dirt and general crap and make life easier for cleaning wheels

Tools required:
1. Microfiber clothes
2. Bucket, water and car wash shampoo and sponge
3. Wolf's Chemical Nano Rim sealant

Step 1.
Clean the wheels and tires, to make sure there isn't any dirty  or brake dust, using car shampoo into water in bucket, using a clean sponge, wash the wheels thoroughly and dry them off.

Step 2.
Using microfiber cloth, put some of the Nano Rim sealant on cloth or if you have a spray bottle, start to apply rim shield to one of the wheels. You can do this what ever way you like, just make sure you put sealant on all the surface of the rim and also on the inside of the rim too, this will make life easier to clean. I applied a lot of the sealant to my rims to make sure everything was covered.

Step 3.
After 10minutes, using a new damp microfiber cloth, go over gently the wheel and let dry for about 10-15minutes.

Step 4.
Repeat step 1 and step 2 until you have completed each wheel.

Now my wheels are protected. Apply this wheel shield will last depending on usage of your car, I usually see 1-3 months this will last. I clean my rims each week and will be doing these steps each month, just because I like the clean look :)

You can read up more about Nano Rim Sealant on their website. NOTE: There are many rim/wheel sealant products out their, but this is the one I have found works best for me.

« Last Edit: 24 February 2012, 07:28 by Madone_si »
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 21 February 2012, 05:38 »
more goodies turned up today

6mm spacers going behind the rear wheels.

Also got new carbon fiber BBS Center caps , as Red ones I think are a little too much. Here you can see both types I have.

I will be doing the spacers and center caps over the coming week, so will update then with difference.

Air Ride ordered on Saturday, now waiting for that to turn up  :smiley:
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 27 February 2012, 04:36 »
Had time yesterday to put the 6mm spacers on the rear of the Audi, as the rear wheels were just a little too far inwards compared to the fronts.

Here is what I did to check and confirm size of the spacers I needed. (I am sure people have various different methods of doing this, but this worked for me  :smiley: :laugh:)

1. Using a piece of wood and 90 degree level/measure, I checked the rear and front clearance against the tires (if you have stretched tires, you would check against the edge of the wheels/rims)

Tools used;

You can see here on the rear wheel, (using wood against tire to the arch), there is room to push the wheel/rim out :)

You can see here on the front wheel, (using wood against tire to the arch), there is no room to push the wheel/rim out.

I now using the 90 degree level/measure, I measured to see what required spacers I needed. As this level/measure didn't have mm on it, I marked it and then used a smaller measure to confirm that the spacer was 6mm, thus I ordered 6mm spacers from ECS Tuning.

So with parts arriving last week, time to get on with the install :)

I Jacked up the whole rear of the Audi (loosing bolts first while wheels on ground) and then once wheels off ground unbolted lug bolts and security bolt and took wheels off.

Installed the 6mm spacers

Left side

Right side

Then installed the wheels again and here is results;

Checked with 90 degree level/measure and now the rears wheels are same stance as the front's :)

Before

After

I then cleaned the Audi inside and out :)

I did put one of the new BBS C/F centers on one of the wheels, but I didn't like the way it sat, so will be ordering different ones.

« Last Edit: 27 February 2012, 04:42 by Madone_si »
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 03 March 2012, 03:59 »
Another present turned up today [cool]

Yes my new BBS Centers caps - code ID: 0924494

I will switch them out tomorrow and will now be happy with wheels on the car...... for the moment!! Time to sell the other two sets of BBS Center caps.
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 04 March 2012, 00:38 »
ok put the new BBS Center caps on the car, much better :)

Center caps (third time lucky!)

Red BBS Center caps on the car

New Black BBS Center caps on the car

and shot of the car with new BLACK BBS center caps

Now I'm waiting for Air ride to be delivered and we can slam this audi [wrench] [:D]

I'm in too minds to black out the Audi Signs on the front/rear of the car, will try out photoshoot first to see if I like or not!
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 05 March 2012, 01:10 »
While cleaning the car today, I noticed I have the Audi Headlight o-ring issue starting to appear :(

I did a search and found some information on how to replace this, but there isn't a fully documented end to end process of removing headlights, doing fix and then replacing. So I will be doing a full write up when I do this job over the next week.

Due to I will have the headlights out, I will also remove the amber inserts which I have wanted to do for a while.

So I pop down local hardware store and picked up No.6 o-rings, so I have everything now to do the fix :)

SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 06 March 2012, 19:58 »
So had time over the last few days to figure out what I wanted to do regards my Stereo in the Audi. I used to have a RNS-E but it broke so I put Symphony II back in the car. To be honest I never used the full functions of RNS-E SATNAV, so really didn't want to buy another one, but I do want to play my music on my ipod/iphone and listen to my british radio stations via iphone. So I figured I would look up adapters and I came across Blitzsafe Audi M-Link V1.B which a few Audi owners in US have installed and seem to like and it covers everything I want, so I ordered one from http://enfigcarstereo.com you can find these in UK via www :)

Plan is to install this after I complete my headlight work. I will install it and run the cable under the center console and have it come out in the arm rest holder. Of course I will document it as usual.

Useful links to help you figure out what adapter best suits your needs/car;
http://enfigcarstereo.com/blog/2011/...uetooth-guide
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 12 March 2012, 23:54 »
Well I managed to complete my headlights, o-ring and take amber inserts out this weekend just gone and I am really pleased with the results. Here is summary of what I did with few pictures.

I will publish up each step with in-depth step by step details over the week, as I went a bit OCD on pictures and need to write up each step to make it easy for everyone to use in future.

1. Un-install the Headlights (right/left)
2. Replaced o-rings in headlights, stop the housing condensation
3. Removed the Headlight amber inserts, without drilling anything, so can use amber inserts again in future if you require
4. Paint front side indicator lights for a stealth look
5. Re-install of headlights (right/left)

Before

During

After

Still waiting on my ipod/iphone adapter to arrive, fingers crossed for tomorrow....!!
« Last Edit: 13 March 2012, 00:00 by Madone_si »
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92