Author Topic: golf r shifter arm  (Read 3304 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: golf r shifter arm
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2018, 20:30 »
Did you find out what to do with the cables?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2018, 21:27 »
I used to new linkage connector after installing the bracket. My dad cycled through the gears whilst I watched and everything seemed fine. All shifts felt great during the drive so I’m happy enough.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2018, 21:35 »
Same here when I fitted my Audi short shift upgrade. Kept the stick in neutral whilst sorking and it all went back together just fine. Shifts are so much better in feel.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 21 April 2018, 05:34 »
If you pull the gaiter off you will see a hole between which you line up wil a hole in the stick - out a drill bit in to keep them aligned and then go back to the front of the car and realease the springs in the cable ends and this lets the cables free any tension or slack
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 21 April 2018, 09:30 »
If you pull the gaiter off you will see a hole between which you line up wil a hole in the stick - out a drill bit in to keep them aligned and then go back to the front of the car and realease the springs in the cable ends and this lets the cables free any tension or slack

I didn't know about this! Thank you very much, shall look today.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 21 April 2018, 20:35 »
I’m sure there’s a video on YouTube and a guide in another website by dieselgeek or someone
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver