Author Topic: exhaust notes  (Read 24032 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: exhaust notes
« Reply #70 on: 08 May 2019, 10:58 »
Fitted a VAG Sport res-delete a few weeks ago. Slightly louder, slightly ‘growlier’ no drone at any revs.
Fitted the Clubsport S backbox today. Slightly louder again without sounding at all obnoxious and ‘aftermarket.’ Lots of growl and burble. Much quicker to respond to throttle than GTI box.
Absolutely perfect, proper sound now for a GTI in my opinion.

Sounds good. What version GTI have you got?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Lump

• Not said much yet
« Reply #71 on: 08 May 2019, 11:05 »
Fitted a VAG Sport res-delete a few weeks ago. Slightly louder, slightly ‘growlier’ no drone at any revs.
Fitted the Clubsport S backbox today. Slightly louder again without sounding at all obnoxious and ‘aftermarket.’ Lots of growl and burble. Much quicker to respond to throttle than GTI box.

It’s a 2016 mark 7 (PP) White 2 door :)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #72 on: 08 May 2019, 12:58 »

It’s a 2016 mark 7 (PP) White 2 door :)

Nice one! Was the backbox easy to fit? Where did you source it from? Cheers :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Lump

• Not said much yet
« Reply #73 on: 08 May 2019, 13:44 »
Very easy. One cut to the pipe. Old box out and new one in using the same mounts.
I ordered from here: https://cars245.co.uk/item/audi-volkswagen-5G6253609DD-rear-silencer/
It’s a two week order from VW then a two week wait while it gets sent from Latvia.
Needs a 65mm clamp too. Think I lost the VAG part no but it’ll be an easy find on Google.
Btw the tips are bigger!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #74 on: 08 May 2019, 14:19 »
Very easy. One cut to the pipe. Old box out and new one in using the same mounts.
I ordered from here: https://cars245.co.uk/item/audi-volkswagen-5G6253609DD-rear-silencer/
It’s a two week order from VW then a two week wait while it gets sent from Latvia.
Needs a 65mm clamp too. Think I lost the VAG part no but it’ll be an easy find on Google.
Btw the tips are bigger!

Thanks for that :smiley: Sorry, one more thing, does it fit okay with the standard diffusor even with the bigger tips? Cheers!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Lump

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 08 May 2019, 14:36 »
Yes. No issues.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #76 on: 08 May 2019, 15:18 »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #77 on: 08 May 2019, 16:08 »
Yes. No issues.

:smiley:

Now we know what your next purchase will be!!  :grin:

How are the carbon mirrors, arrived and fitted yet??
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #78 on: 08 May 2019, 17:58 »
Now we know what your next purchase will be!!  :grin:

How are the carbon mirrors, arrived and fitted yet??

Might be! Been thinking about it for a while and Lump's description of the benefits has sold me in theory, but do I want to spend £400 on a bit more noise? Possibly... :whistle:

Thanks for asking about the mirror caps, they arrived just before going on holiday so what with that and nights at the moment I haven't had a chance to fit them yet. They look great, just hope they fit okay :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #79 on: 15 June 2019, 08:10 »
I've added my remus exhaust (back box delete) to the parts for sale section if anyone's interested...
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190