Author Topic: MK7.5 Stop/Start System  (Read 6447 times)

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
MK7.5 Stop/Start System
« on: 17 January 2018, 16:54 »
At first I thought this was an awesome feature and hopefully save me some fuel. However the more I use the car the more this aggravates me.

My issue is it sometimes kicks in before I've even come to a complete stop. This then locks the steering wheel too. There are times where I'm about to come to a stop and then the traffic light would change to green or the car in front would move, so I don't actually need to stop but it would switch the engine off.

Obviously it can be deactivated but would like to know if anyone else has this issue?

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: MK7.5 Stop/Start System
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2018, 17:04 »
Yep, mine seems to stop before I’ve stopped, not by much though,

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2018, 17:07 »
Common issue experienced by many. The later cars have more of an issue with it cutting out whilst still in motion than the earlier mk7s.  Mine never cut out before coming to a halt but I hate it so ditched it with obdeleven long ago.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 17:08 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2018, 19:03 »
As above, mine was permanently deactivated a week after I picked up the car using OBDeleven.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2018, 19:06 »
I will remove it someday but does not cut out before coming to a standstill. It's driving style, if you punch the pedal while say rolling up to traffic/traffic lights maybe? Mine only goes on before i hit something! As in more pedal pressure.
Bug bear  I like to do super fast 3 point turns on a busiest road, into a small side road. Roar up still rolling into reverse but there's a delay I don't recall in other DSGs.
Can it sense you are still rolling fwd even in neutral. Seems to? aha!
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2018, 19:44 »
I love it personally.
Must better implementation that my old Q3.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2018, 20:28 »
I deactivated mine within 2 weeks of having the car....VCDS & used the voltage parameter setting as the temp setting didn't work on my module...

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2018, 05:01 »
^^^^^^ I didn't like the dreaded Start/Stop tweak "tell" - the "A" symbol with a slash on the MFD every time that the vehicle stopped. So, designed a built my handy-dandy Auto Start/Stop kill switch - simples!!:
Don

« Last Edit: 18 January 2018, 05:05 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2018, 22:02 »
At first I thought this was an awesome feature and hopefully save me some fuel. However the more I use the car the more this aggravates me.

My issue is it sometimes kicks in before I've even come to a complete stop. This then locks the steering wheel too. There are times where I'm about to come to a stop and then the traffic light would change to green or the car in front would move, so I don't actually need to stop but it would switch the engine off.

Obviously it can be deactivated but would like to know if anyone else has this issue?

Im relatively new (since last May) Golf CS owner DSG box and I try to remember to deactivate it every time I jump in now, dont like it at all, cut out on me couple of occasions approaching/crawling to roundabout and having a chance to go......err damn!?! Worked better in previous M235 and also in wifes Cooper S imho

I've seen a few obdeleven references on the forum and might investigate, doesn't seem too much to outlay if its easy switching it off on the app?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2018, 22:34 »
Obdeleven long coding:

Disable stop/start

1) Select Control unit 19
2) Select Adaptation
3) Select Stop start limit voltage
4) Change value to 12 (default is 7.6)
5) Press the green tick to confirm

On some earlier cars the above method doesn’t work.  For these, there is another method where you change the coolant temp to something it will never achieve.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11