Author Topic: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!  (Read 14344 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!
« Reply #40 on: 19 January 2018, 06:42 »
If it’s so difficult to apply that a even a pro detailer can’t manage it (granted, skill may differ) then begs the question as to the value of the product to the end user.  :grin:

Well having put it on 3 cars (BMW, Audi - glorified VW and Merc) let me tell you it is incredible stuff. Not needing to use your wipers above 40 mph and guaranteed lasting power of 30k miles...is not to be sniffed at. It would be a great shame if i doesn't work on this car. Having said that there are enough posts out there of people with Golfs saying it works fine to reassure me that it will be fine  :smiley:
The cars you've applied it to are not mk7 golfs which are the screens that cause the issue so of course your BMW and Merc will be fine. Yours may be ok on your golf and that's great but others have experienced judder.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 19 January 2018, 09:50 »
If it’s so difficult to apply that a even a pro detailer can’t manage it (granted, skill may differ) then begs the question as to the value of the product to the end user.  :grin:

Well having put it on 3 cars (BMW, Audi - glorified VW and Merc) let me tell you it is incredible stuff. Not needing to use your wipers above 40 mph and guaranteed lasting power of 30k miles...is not to be sniffed at. It would be a great shame if i doesn't work on this car. Having said that there are enough posts out there of people with Golfs saying it works fine to reassure me that it will be fine  :smiley:

I’m not doubting the effectiveness of the product in any way, that’s not was was said, I was making a serious point in a lighthearted manner.  I’m saying if it’s that problematic to apply on Golfs, that even a skilled pro detailer struggles do it (as you yourself implied), let alone an amateur, then that would massively undermine its value.  It could be the best product in the world but if you can’t get it applied and doing the job it’s designed to do properly, then it becomes effectively useless.  I do know of quite a few that have had issues on Golfs with it to the point it’s been removed and never reapplied.  Hopefully you won’t be one of those people.  I hope you get it applied properly on your golf and reap the benefits that you already have experienced on other marques. 
« Last Edit: 19 January 2018, 09:55 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 19 January 2018, 10:19 »
I guess only time will tell...as I said I shall report back with either a success story or an epic fail.

On a separate note...do dealers still let you choose the Reg of the new car? VW/Audi never seem to have given me a choice whereas others have.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 19 January 2018, 10:26 »
I guess only time will tell...as I said I shall report back with either a success story or an epic fail.

On a separate note...do dealers still let you choose the Reg of the new car? VW/Audi never seem to have given me a choice whereas others have.

Hopefully  it will be a success story.

Some dealers will give you a choice of reg numbers, others don’t. Ask your dealer if you can select one and see if they will oblige.  I never care what reg I get so just take what they give me.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 19 January 2018, 14:23 »
I've picked my last three reg numbers but I know some dealers don't allow it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 19 January 2018, 14:54 »
I was given a list of about 15 to pick from last year.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 19 January 2018, 15:53 »
Contacted the DTD dealer and was told they use an automated system and the car will be allocated the next available number. Oh well.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 19 January 2018, 16:12 »
I've never had a choice of registration with any of my cars. Just accepted what came.

For those that were able to choose, was this offered or did you have to ask?
7.5 GTD

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 19 January 2018, 17:38 »
Contacted the DTD dealer and was told they use an automated system and the car will be allocated the next available number. Oh well.

JCB Medway?  Yeah they don’t, probably as they deal with such a high volume of broker/fleet sales.  That’s where I got my R from.  Embrace the randomness of the reg!  Or, if you’re bothered by it get a personal plate.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 19 January 2018, 19:59 »
I've never had a choice of registration with any of my cars. Just accepted what came.

For those that were able to choose, was this offered or did you have to ask?

Offered
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17